• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Aftermarket cones for revolvers that will fit CCI #11 caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treestalker

Treestalker
Reaction score
Which aftermarket cones (Slixshot, stainless, etc) will accommodate CCI #11 caps? I have a Pietta Remington '1858' .44 that the CCI #11 caps are too loose on. I want to get some cones that will fit my vast (LOL!) collection of CCI caps. Ideas? Thanks.

I have Slixshot cones on my 1860 Army Snubby and the CCI# 11 caps work pretty well on the first strike and almost always on the second strike.
The gun is match conditioned with a Lee's Gunfighter lighter mainspring and that might be a problem. The hammer stop is set for that spring and I am not motivated to put a heavy spring back in.
I also had good luck with the TOW # PIR-L-S and CCI# 11's.
It works for me but no guarantee it will work for you.
Best luck
Bunk

Which aftermarket cones (Slixshot, stainless, etc) will accommodate CCI #11 caps? I have a Pietta Remington '1858' .44 that the CCI #11 caps are too loose on. I want to get some cones that will fit my vast (LOL!) collection of CCI caps. Ideas? Thanks.

Yes, Fit the nipples to your prefered caps. Use of a nail and hammer to peen them larger...File and sand paper to make them smaller...Go slow, try and fit method. Work great on all my match guns...c

I would measure the cone length of your stock nipple and try to match that with whatever brand you choose. I got some Treso that were shorter and I think that was part of a failure to fire on first strike issue. I had just focused on the thread fitting and for some reason was oblivious to the cone …

You mentioned Slix Shot cones and there in lies your best option. I changed the the nipples on my unmodified Uberti revolvers to Slix Shot and have never had to second strike a CCI #11 cap. They are worth the expense if you don’t want the delicate process of making the nipple work.

You mentioned Slix Shot cones and there in lies your best option. I changed the the nipples on my unmodified Uberti revolvers to Slix Shot and have never had to second strike a CCI #11 cap. They are worth the expense if you don’t want the delicate process of making the nipple work.
They are almost always Out of Stock everywhere you look so prepare to scour the internet

I thought the cone was the forcing cone at the start of the barrel right after ball left the chamber.
So nipples are also cones?

I thought the cone was the forcing cone at the start of the barrel right after ball left the chamber.
So nipples are also cones?

no, technically the nipple is part of the overall cone...
cone.jpg

Attachments

• cone.jpg
    cone.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back