• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Adirondack Foothills Hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Wesley

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Reenacting bug bit my son and I. 3rd Tryon County Militia (Rev War) and 9th Battalion ANV, 55th Virginia Company A. Fighting Tyranny in two centuries. Black powder shooting, whether at a reenactment or at the range (reenactment guns are seperate from range/hunting guns) is a blast.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the Forum...(if no one beats me to it while I'm typing this). :hatsoff:

I like your post, you and your son "fighting Tyranny in two centuries", and your keeping your hunting and range guns apart from your reenacting guns - wouldn't want a live round smashing through any "tyrants" on the other side of the field!

Are you near Ft. Johnson? It was closed the only time I've had the chance to visit it. A lot of history there.

My Great Grandfather would have come across you boys quite a few times down in VA...61st Pennsylvania Vols. :grin:

Richard/"Grumpa" - in Westsylvania.

Thank you for the welcome. Ft. Johnson was is down by the Mohawk. I'm around the block from Johnson Hall. This area has a ton of history. I learn something new every time out.

In June, we'll be fightin blue bellies down near your area at Old Bedford Village. In the fall we will be chasing Tories, Yorkers and Indians down in Schoharie. Didn't think reenacting would be some much till we tried it. Now we are hooked.

Never been to Johnson Hall which is odd 'cause he was an interesting fella and I am frequently (well, once in a while) at Saratoga Springs. Maybe in the Fall... Johnson's three homes are still around actually.

Welcome.

Back