• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Acronyms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PRB = Patched Round Ball
PC = Period Correct (not Politically Correct) also Percussion Cap
HC = Historically Correct
GPR = Lyman's Great Plains Rifle
BB = Bore Butter
BP = Black Powder
RR = Ram Rod
Some of the ones I have used

Here's a description of a bullet from a site detailing all of the different Lyman bullets (molds). There are a few abbreviations I haven't figured out. PB is, of course, LEAD. I believe FN is Flat Nose. But I've never figured out what TP is. On other listings there's a number after the TP, often with a question mark.

Here's the site where this comes from: Lyman and Ideal Mold Descritions

538146. This bullet is for some of the old style rifles called .58 caliber, but is seldom seen in use at the present time. This bullet will fit the old .52 Spencer carbine. (PB, FN, 347, 435, 524 - TP is ?)
1643292747953.png

I was “HJ” (Half Joking)
I Am enjoying this thread but being past my ” three score and ten” I am severely challenged in the modern day acronyms. My grandchildren text , I have to call them sometime for interpretation. Too many to remember. And beside that I can finish a conversation in half the time it takes to compose a text. Without acronyms or misspelled words and not having to deal with autocomplete or autocorrect.Dave

W T F ?
(whiskey tango foxtrot)
this acronym shorthand is generation CP (cell phone) …via quick thumbs on texting responses….adapt or be trampled.
That is the one that I posted and somehow shows as, What?! When I saw it, I thought maybe spell check had done its dirty deed, but when I went to edit it, it shows as I originally posted it, strange!!🤣
Robby

Ok let’s go with
SNAFU situation known all Fouled up
DB dry balled
FITP flash in the pan
NRC no reloading components
CPS COVID prided SH…..
… and the Granddaddy

IRS ?????

PRB = Patched Round Ball
PC = Period Correct (not Politically Correct) also Percussion Cap
HC = Historically Correct
GPR = Lyman's Great Plains Rifle
BB = Bore Butter
BP = Black Powder
RR = Ram Rod
Some of the ones I have used
this covers all that are needed! close thread now!

Here's a description of a bullet from a site detailing all of the different Lyman bullets (molds). There are a few abbreviations I haven't figured out. PB is, of course, LEAD. I believe FN is Flat Nose. But I've never figured out what TP is. On other listings there's a number after the TP, often with a question mark.

Here's the site where this comes from: Lyman and Ideal Mold Descritions

538146. This bullet is for some of the old style rifles called .58 caliber, but is seldom seen in use at the present time. This bullet will fit the old .52 Spencer carbine. (PB, FN, 347, 435, 524 - TP is ?)
View attachment 117625
TP = truncated point
Gawd! am i that old?!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back