• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Acronyms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TP = truncated point
Gawd! am i that old?!!!!!

Thanks for that, Stalker. I don't know, how old are you???

But now I have a few more questions. How is a TRUNCATED POINT different from a FLAT POINT? And why do some of the listings have a number after the TP? What's the number mean?
Dude, In the context of Lyman (or other manufacturer's) mould descriptions, PB doesn't refer to lead, but plain base (as opposed to a gas check/GC mould.
That makes sense. Thank you!

a truncated point is a small flat point instead of a wide flat point. the nose of the bullet tapers like a spire point and is abbreviated with a flat tip.
most flat point molds throw a bullet with a long wide point ahead of the driving bands and very little ogive.
most numbers trailing the caliber size and mold type number are there to designate the variation of that bullet.
i think!:ghostly: i have gotten to the age where i think i have forgotten about half of what i thought i knew! and i have some Ideal molds i bought brand new!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back