• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

acra glass.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just thought I would post this. Someone on this forum stated they are always worried about Acra glass sticking to the metal after bedding. It's not uncommon for people to ask me "what do I do if when I am bedding something with acra glass and the metal sticks to the wood)? First off I use a release agent I get from "Brownell's" or "Johnson's paste wax" one can get about anywhere. I clean the metal very good before applying any release agent. Well, what I do if it's stuck is put it in the freezer for overnight. Pull it out of the freezer and tap it, it should come apart easily. For me this works every time.

Well, what I do if it's stuck is put it in the freezer for overnight. Pull it out of the freezer and tap it, it should come apart easily. For me this works every time.

Well you have a pretty big freezer then. None of my rifles will fit in either of mine, even if I removed the frozen game. 😅

OK so joking aside, those are good tips, and the Freezer Trick is something new that I learned. 👍

LD

Back