• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ackerman Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenprops1

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of Ackerman Arms in New York? I would appreciate any experience you have had with them or anything you have heard about them. Thank You.

I always make a point to see him at the local gun shows (Saratoga, Albany) pre pandemic. Very knowledgeable. Had a lock fixed by him. Lots of parts.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of Ackerman Arms in New York? I would appreciate any experience you have had with them or anything you have heard about them. Thank You.
So..., had a friend get shafted at an event. Not a pure muzzleloading event, so lots of tourists, and his Bess musket got pinched, and somebody left parts to a Jap Bess in it's place, sans a lock, and a couple parts.

I contacted Ackerman Arms and scrounged a Jap lock, and a couple ramrod thimbles, and a ramrod. I also needed to fabricate a nose piece, and to redo the lock mortise with epoxy resin.

I think what happened is some ne'er-do-well knew there would be muskets around and brought what they had, and it looked like maybe somebody had tried to use it as a theatrical prop gun. They carried it in, and when nobody was looking, they swapped the pieces and carried one out. Nobody noticed the one going in was not complete, while the one going out was complete.

Anyway, I was able to resurrect Bob's musket back to firing, reenactment condition (well the musket with which Bob was left)

All due Ackerman Arms as a resource..., and some creative wood working and refinishing.

LD

Back