• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ackerman Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtErv

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has dealt with this gentleman before? What was your experience like? I'm hunting for a used Navy Arms 1763 Charleville and he specializes in used musket procurement, refurbishing (if needed) and reselling.

I never heard of them before so I found their web page. They definitely seem to cater to those type's of musket's. They also offer a lot of restoration options. They also have a pretty good inventory of muzzleloader's. Don't know of anyone who has dealt with them before though?

Respectfully, Cowboy

Massachusttes : isn't their motto,Live free or move ???
But to answer SgtErv: never heard of them,,but then I haven't heard of a lot of other things either..

If your talking about Paul Ackermann, he is top notch and knows his stuff. I make sure to stop by and see him at the gun show in Saratoga, NY. He has put a flash guard on my Jaeger and worked to get a frozen screw out on a Pedersoli Bess lock for me (I would bugger it up bad). He knows his stuff and I would not hesitate to call or email if I had a question. He's good people.
Pvt. G. Wesley
3rd Tryon County Militia

Paul Ackermann helped one of our new recruits early this spring. The recruit and his grandson wanted a fowler and I emailed Paul to see if he had one or knew where one was for sale. He came through finding what they were looking for, went through it, and now have a happy private of the militia. Paul told them that if they had any questions or problems, don't hesitate to call or email him.
Greg

Paul is the man! I have had him tune a couple of locks for me- they came back fast, and went from 12+ pound behemoths to 3.5 pound clean breaking jewels. I recommend him whole heartedly!

Wonder if he is any relation to Phil Ackerman? Bought some English walnut blanks off him a bit over 20 years ago. Can't remember what New England state he was in though. Remember the service being exceptional.

One thing I could tell from his website and a couple of emails is that he knows his history, but I didn't know it was on that level. I'm quite confident given the tidbits you all have related. Too cool.

I second what dave said.paul is extremely knowledgeable about military and civilian weapons and is a super top notch person as well.i would not hesitate to send anyone to him. he is very giving of his time and knowledge as well.first class person..

Hi,
Just before Xmas, I ordered a pattern 1742 Brown Bess lock from Paul. He has TRS part sets for many colonial and Rev War military guns. He was easy to work with and I received my order within 2 weeks using a personal check.

dave

If your talking about Paul Ackermann, he is top notch and knows his stuff. I make sure to stop by and see him at the gun show in Saratoga, NY. He has put a flash guard on my Jaeger and worked to get a frozen screw out on a Pedersoli Bess lock for me (I would bugger it up bad). He knows his stuff and I would not hesitate to call or email if I had a question. He's good people.
Pvt. G. Wesley
3rd Tryon County Militia
YES Ackerman Arms helped me resurrect an old, beat up Japanese Bess. He's always scrounging for parts for military muskets and other out of manufacture factory muzzleloading guns.

NOW you may have to wait a bit for a reply. He travels a lot to different shows, and to auction houses where stuff is being sold to vend parts to folks who want to see the stuff first hand before they buy, and to obtain parts.

LD

Latest posts

Back