• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Accuracy variables .32 crockett

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 pounds of the stuff is like $37 , plus any good sized or well-outfitted mom and pop gun shop that caters to reloading sells sacks of buckshot.

The rifling in the Crockett bore is fairly deep. I estimated that mine was around .010" to .012" deep. My best accuracy came using a .311" ball from a Lee mold, a .014" patch lubed with Hoppes BP Lube over 30 grains of 3F. I killed squirrels with this load and it was accurate and not the least bit destructive. My experience with the Crockett convinced me that sub 1" groups at 40 yards were repeatable over and over.

I have bought a 5-pack of remington 0 buckshot. I didn't want to have an 8 pound bag of buckshot that didn't fit. But the remington shot well in my pedersoli .32. I had to use an .010 patch rather than an .015 but it was nice to know it would work................watch yer top knot.............

I'm about to work up a load for a decent group. Thanks to everybody for all you help. Now the little cottonpicker has developed an occasional millisecond hangfire, and sometimes a fail to fire. I know its clean, so could I maybe need one of those "hot" nipples?

Latest posts

Back