• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

About time I'd say

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
Made a lot of horns over last winter. Got so busy listing them and shipping them that I forgot about myself. Work started up again and I was caught without a new horn for me.
Well, got the day off yesterday, finally, and went to work on a horn for myself.
Cool mottled colors on this one with 3 bands pinned in place. 17" overall. I carry left side, but with its French and Indian twist it can hang comfortably either side. The tip is made from 2 pieces of deer antler, the base is walnut from the scrap bucket. I'll make a plug for the spout tonight 001 (1024x768).jpg003 (1024x768).jpg002 (1024x768).jpg011 (1024x768).jpg007 (1024x768).jpg.

Nice horns. So, what happened to your other horn? Is the one you just made for yourself your first horn?

Thanks fella's!
Nice horns. So, what happened to your other horn? Is the one you just made for yourself your first horn?
I spent last winter building horns to sell. Didn't start that way. Just kept at it, practicing, then selling them. Just plain forgot to hang onto one for myself.
I like to keep different powders in different horns. Saves me from dumping out 1.5F for a 54 Hawken to fill it with 3F for a SMR 45.
Besides, you can collect a lot of horns with little money. And you wont get the stink eye from the wife the way you get it if you add another gun to the wall. :thumb:

Made a lot of horns over last winter. Got so busy listing them and shipping them that I forgot about myself. Work started up again and I was caught without a new horn for me.
Well, got the day off yesterday, finally, and went to work on a horn for myself.
Cool mottled colors on this one with 3 bands pinned in place. 17" overall. I carry left side, but with its French and Indian twist it can hang comfortably either side. The tip is made from 2 pieces of deer antler, the base is walnut from the scrap bucket. I'll make a plug for the spout tonightView attachment 41066View attachment 41067View attachment 41068View attachment 41069View attachment 41070.
Beautiful horn work.

Cool mottled colors on this one with 3 bands pinned in place. 17" overall. I carry left side, but with its French and Indian twist it can hang comfortably either side. The tip is made from 2 pieces of deer antler, the base is walnut from the scrap bucket. I'll make a plug for the spout tonightView attachment 41066View attachment 41067View attachment 41068View attachment 41069View attachment 41070.
Mind is I ask how did you thread the horn and tip?

That is the bad ___ horn I have ever saw. Congradulations sir. I have made only 3 horns and have a tremendous amount to learn. I have all the required tools except for a lathe. But seriously, I bet that horn would sell for $300 if not more! If I had it, I would get you to build me one like it. Very cool work.

Thanks fella's!

I spent last winter building horns to sell. Didn't start that way. Just kept at it, practicing, then selling them. Just plain forgot to hang onto one for myself.
I like to keep different powders in different horns. Saves me from dumping out 1.5F for a 54 Hawken to fill it with 3F for a SMR 45.
Besides, you can collect a lot of horns with little money. And you wont get the stink eye from the wife the way you get it if you add another gun to the wall. :thumb:

I'll have to keep my eye on you now. I have two plain old horns and two worn out flasks. I prefer a nice powder horn, horns. :)

Back