• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Abenaki of Western Maine 18th Century

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are many depictions of Natives of Maine in the 18th Century and of reenactors. I am looking to communicate with those who are like minded. One of my goals is to do a French milice impression, another is to recreate authenic clothing for a display in our local history museum
Where are you? There are a few reenactment groups I know of on FB. Downeast Reenactors in Machias, The Troops at Camden, and the Colonial Maine Living History Association. I also know of someone on FB who is Native American descent and does NA at events (Jonathan Yellowbear)

I'm in Brunswick, and just joined the AO myself.

Where are you? There are a few reenactment groups I know of on FB. Downeast Reenactors in Machias, The Troops at Camden, and the Colonial Maine Living History Association. I also know of someone on FB who is Native American descent and does NA at events (Jonathan Yellowbear)

I'm in Brunswick, and just joined the AO myself.
I live in Temple, near Farmington, Maine. That's why I don't get to many events (distance). Hopefully next year. I have also seen the AO and the reenectors at Pemaquid and at Somersworth, NH.

I attended the weekend event at Pemaquid for a few years back when it was in July & August before Covid put a stop to the event. I was set up next to Ken Hamilton as the French trader at those events so we may have crossed paths.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Welcome from Florida!

There used to be a forum entitled "Frontier Folk," which had a lot of participation from native and colonial reenactors from New England. The last time I tried to visit that forum, a couple of years ago, my computer security system identified it as a dangerous website, so I was concerned that it may have been hacked. I don't know it's current status. @Snapper Petta may know... I think he may have been a regular visitor there.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

There are many depictions of Natives of Maine in the 18th Century and of reenactors. I am looking to communicate with those who are like minded. One of my goals is to do a French milice impression, another is to recreate authenic clothing for a display in our local history museum
Welcome to the forum

Notchy Bob - Frontier Folk still exists and even shows signs of life from time to time but it's dormant most of the time. It seems as most people migrated to the various Facebook groups. I still check it every couple of days but I don't think there's been a new post there in about 2 weeks.

snapper

I attended the weekend event at Pemaquid for a few years back when it was in July & August before Covid put a stop to the event. I was set up next to Ken Hamilton as the French trader at those events so we may have crossed paths.

snapper

If you were the man with the busy white beard, then I do believe we did speak.
Small world. I just had a great phone conversation with Ken.

Notchy Bob - Frontier Folk still exists and even shows signs of life from time to time but it's dormant most of the time. It seems as most people migrated to the various Facebook groups. I still check it every couple of days but I don't think there's been a new post there in about 2 weeks.

snapper
Ah, some Facebook groups don't seem to have postings for years.
Cheers.

btracy51 - Indeed I do have a white beard. I would have been set up under an oilcloth lean-to with my trade goods spread on a canvas in front and to the side of my shelter. Always enjoyed Pemaquid (even though it was an 8+ hour drive from my home in central NYS) and hope it can eventually be put back on the schedule of events. According to Ken, he said it's now a one day event and was supposed to be held in September. I was never contacted by the event coordinators so didn't know anything about it.

snapper

btracy51 - Indeed I do have a white beard. I would have been set up under an oilcloth lean-to with my trade goods spread on a canvas in front and to the side of my shelter. Always enjoyed Pemaquid (even though it was an 8+ hour drive from my home in central NYS) and hope it can eventually be put back on the schedule of events. According to Ken, he said it's now a one day event and was supposed to be held in September. I was never contacted by the event coordinators so didn't know anything about it.

snapper
Let's hope so for next year!

Back