• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Abenaki of Western Maine 18th Century

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btracy51

32 Cal
Reaction score
There are many depictions of Natives of Maine in the 18th Century and of reenactors. I am looking to communicate with those who are like minded. One of my goals is to do a French milice impression, another is to recreate authenic clothing for a display in our local history museum

There are many depictions of Natives of Maine in the 18th Century and of reenactors. I am looking to communicate with those who are like minded. One of my goals is to do a French milice impression, another is to recreate authenic clothing for a display in our local history museum
You should look up The Ancient Ones of Maine

Welcome from a close latitude

Not sure if I can be of assistance but will do what I can. My initial impression was French milice back during the 250th anniversary events of the French & Indian War. I travel with an Abenaki group (true Natives, tribe is recognized by the state of VT) and continue to do living history programs with them at various locations; mostly at Fort #4 in Charlestown, NH. If there's something you think I can help you with, please feel free to reach out at your convenience.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I gotta think, you should subscribe to Muzzleloader Magazine, it seems to speak often to people into that genre of enacting. You probably already know that, but thought I'd mention. Thanks. good luck!

I gotta think, you should subscribe to Muzzleloader Magazine, it seems to speak often to people into that genre of enacting. You probably already know that, but thought I'd mention. Thanks. good luck!
Thanks. Yes, I do love Muzzleloader Magazine. It's a great source of information.

Not sure if I can be of assistance but will do what I can. My initial impression was French milice back during the 250th anniversary events of the French & Indian War. I travel with an Abenaki group (true Natives, tribe is recognized by the state of VT) and continue to do living history programs with them at various locations; mostly at Fort #4 in Charlestown, NH. If there's something you think I can help you with, please feel free to reach out at your convenience.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper
Thanks so much for your support. I haven't made it to any events for a while. I hope that will change next year though so I can meet up with reenactors. Personal visitations and contacts are the best.

btracy51 - Not sure where you hail from but we will be at Fort #4 the first weekend in November to celebrate Native American month. I won't be French at the event as I portray an English trading post clerk at Fort #4 but my Abenaki friends will be there and I'm sure we could answer some of your questions if you make it down. We'll also probably be at the Fort for their winter event in February so that's another opportunity to get to meet other like minded folks.

That's all for now. Take care and until our paths should cross...be well.

snapper

btracy51 - Not sure where you hail from but we will be at Fort #4 the first weekend in November to celebrate Native American month. I won't be French at the event as I portray an English trading post clerk at Fort #4 but my Abenaki friends will be there and I'm sure we could answer some of your questions if you make it down. We'll also probably be at the Fort for their winter event in February so that's another opportunity to get to meet other like minded folks.

That's all for now. Take care and until our paths should cross...be well.

snapper
I marked my calendar. It's about a 3 1/2 hours drive (or more). I've been to the fort a few times. Nice venue. Hope I can make it this time.

Back