• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Aaargh...minor crisis with my Kibler!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveboone

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have been slowly plugging along with my Kibler Colonial .58 since last summer. In cold winter progress is limited by me needing to fire up the wood stove in the garage where my work shop is. I have been happily progressing to completions, with me finishing blushing the aqua fortis last night. This is my first rifle build so have not known just what to expect, but I got away with only a couple minor scorched spots which were easily buffed out with steel wool. To my eye I cant see them after the fact. This a.m. I was ready to start applying my sealer coat, and having a minor cow over not finding the can. DAngit all to heck, there it is underneath my workbench. Top is on, but I only have a few tablespoons left in it!
Oh well, I had enough to get it a real good initial soaking, and now have to wait for the refill from Track. Considering I didnt know what to expect, I am pleased with the rich color. I am a bit annoyed that my sanding/finishing behind the tang and behind the screw plate would have been better, but live and learn.
I didn't really do any carving just a few simple strait lines (that is the extent of my talent) on the patch box cover and cheek piece. A friend who is a very talented wood carver is going to do up something simple but tasteful for a spare box cover. After a lot of consideration, I am at least at this point going to keep it in the white. My practice browning attempts on an old CVA barrel were...lackluster.

It dont exist ....quite yet! Give me a week. Not much to look at right now, but thanks for the interest! Figgered I was a boat without a paddle without pics.

Back