• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A very tiny....and special.....horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On the 24th of August, my Mom, who was 97 years old, passed away. She was mentally sharp as a tack and was doing fairly well physically when I was with her on her 97th birthday in July. However, shortly thereafter, her health took a down turn and she lost the battle in late August. She passed away in her own home, in her own bed, with all of her family around her. How often does that happen in today's world ? She led a long and happy life and was married to my Dad for 65 years before he passed away four years ago. They were blessed beyond measure...and so were my sisters and I.....We did a superlative job in selecting our parents.... :) ;)

My Mom always loved miniature things. Many of the items (of all types but especially tools) that I made over the years I would make a miniature version of just for her....dozens of things.... maybe hundreds....I started when I was 5 or 6. Before she died, she said that anything that had been given to her as a gift during her life should go back to the giver if possible. I made this tiny horn for her more than 20 years ago. She loved it and kept it on her desk. It has come back to me now....along with all the love it has held for all those years. Miss you Mom :'( See you again soon ;)

Sorry about your loss but great story about your Mom, good job selecting parent's by the way. Dad's gone now but Mom hangs in there at a spry 93 living the house she and Dad built in 1958 and still driving. I should do so well :thumb: Stop by everyday to take care of the cat litter and do any any heavy lifting or take stuff up or down the basement steps for her.

A family member passing is a sad time, indeed - please accept our condolences on your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss. You and your sisters were truly blessed to have her that long. My mother passed when I was 13, 48 years ago and I miss her every day.

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers......here are just a very few of all of the other miniature things I made for my Mom over the last 70 years..... :) Hammers, needle cases, scrimshaw, an ivory and iron wood tiny jagging wheel, marking gage, and an awl with a brass scabbard

You do beautiful work. God bless you. Rejoice that you will see you mother again. Dale

Ive been zooming in and staring at that little horn for well over 5 minutes. What a beautiful, and most remarkable thing to have. As a fellow lover of miniature things, I can appreciate your mothers fondness of them. How special that the artisan was her son. May nothing but love and serenity envelop your family as you journey through the painful side of grieving. Rest in peace beautiful mama!

-Alina

Latest posts

Back