• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A trip to The Rifle Shoppe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forum changed the rules slightly when ownership changed a few years ago. Cartridge guns in general are still out of bounds, but cartridge guns from those that aren't made any more, like Burnsides and needle guns are ok now. Likewise are breech loading BP guns, like Sharps, Halls, Kammerladers etc.

We, (the mods), just went over the rules regarding breachloaders.

They MUST have a separate ignition system from the main charge. So if it uses a percussion cap that's NOT attached to a cartridge, like the early Sharps, Burnside, Smith, et al, AND was manufactured before 1865 or a replica of the same, it is open to discussion.

Pinfire, centralfire, rimfire, & needle guns are Strictly Prohibited.

Screenshot_20210828-124159_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210828-124225_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for the insight into TRS. Like many, I've been waiting for my order for months now... I haven't received a reply from Jane for three weeks now despite leaving message after message. I get that they're a small operation, but still...I probably won't order from them again if/when I ever get my kit. Their lack of communication and delay after delay is beyond frustrating. It's a shame because they have some truly unique stuff.

Back