• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Southern Plains Sheath & Scalper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaBonte

Passed On
Reaction score
This one is a late 1840's-early 1850's Southern Plains style scalper and pound beaded brain tan over a rawhide liner sheath with twisted fringe - it was inspired by three original sheaths and several original SW trade scalper.
cr-36-1.jpg

cr-36-2.jpg

cr-36-3.jpg

cr-36-4.jpg

cr-36-5.jpg

Beautiful work! Functional and elegant at the same time! A rare combination. Fine beadwork is always a pleasure to behold. Thanks for the photos.

Beautiful work, My Dear Monsiuer LaBonte!
Why, Monsiuer LaBonte, I do believe I know you from another place by another name :)

BTW wherever do you find the muted colored beads? Have you been able to locate anything that replicates the long-sought after Greasy Yellow?

yhs
shunka, aka Prof Marvel

That is NICE!!!!! Now, Chuck.........I'm sure that the original scalper wasn't done quite that well, but we certainly don't mind you "gilding the PC lily" a bit on the fit and finish side. :wink: :grin:

Me? I like the wicked long curve to the blade that is shaped to its name....topknot lifting business. Besides being a beautifully crafted piece of art.

well executed! :hatsoff:
Steve

Back