• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A Shout Out for Tallpine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tallpine has made several knives for me over the past year and it has been pure pleasure working with him. He is an artist with an eye for design and for the ergonomics of using a knife. Gripping one of his knives is like a tutorial in using it. Holding the little skinner/utility I can imagine every move to skin a squirrel or rabbit. Grip the antler handle of the Crow Indian knife and you know no amount of blood will make that grip slippery. He based that knife on one in a museum and I'll bet it is a better knife than the original.

The Bowie is very special. It is surprisingly hefty for its size. The great size of some Bowies is not appealing to me. I said to Tallpine I wanted a Bowie but not a cutlass. He found the right size! This knife is a joy to pick up. It has heft, balance, comfortable and stable grip, and would be a formidable fighting knife.

Not pictured are two small knives he made for me as gifts to women friends. They are little gems. If men carry pocket knives why should not women have purse knives?

I will tell you that given the exceptional quality of his work Tallpine's prices are very reasonable. If you are thinking about a knife you should talk with him.
Tallpine's knives.jpg
s

Thank you Patrick, I am humbled by your kind words. It is always a pleasure working with you on a project. I always enjoy our phone conversations. Stay well my friend, Dan

Have two of Dan's knives and they are both as good or better than any custom knife I've ever owned. His pricing is beyond fair and he is a joy to talk with.

Back