• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A Rifled TC .56 cal SB?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't find it. Could be a new seller who either doesn't know anything about muzzies or the importance of communication.

I had one guy on eBay who would use the same photo for all his CVA Hawken barrels. When I realized that I wasn't receiving the barrel pictured, I cancelled the order. I turned him in for false-advertising and misrepresentation. They didn't do anything about it. In fact, I got a bad mark for non-payment.

Walt

I couldn't find it. Could be a new seller who either doesn't know anything about muzzies or the importance of communication.

I had one guy on eBay who would use the same photo for all his CVA Hawken barrels. When I realized that I wasn't receiving the barrel pictured, I cancelled the order. I turned him in for false-advertising and misrepresentation. They didn't do anything about it. In fact, I got a bad mark for non-payment.

Walt

He just don't know anything about muzzleloaders. All his other items are George Jetson 'whiz-bang' stuff. Probably gave a customer a few bucks allowance for it on trade.

He just don't know anything about muzzleloaders. All his other items are George Jetson 'whiz-bang' stuff. Probably gave a customer a few bucks allowance for it on trade.
Actually in one of his replies he says he simply had it as a wall decoration in his office...,
Gee I hope it hasn't been loaded all these years....

LD

Just my opinion for what it's worth...

I have looked at a lot of Thompson Center rifles. I don't believe it was ever a Renegade 56 smoothbore. The 56 SB marking on the barrel looks nothing like the factory marking I have seen on other examples. It may not even mean 56 caliber smoothbore. IDK.

It looks like a rifle cobbled up from Thompson Center and other parts. If you are seeking an original T/C Renegade Smoothbore, I would keep looking. There are plenty out there and they show up on GB all the time. I just saw one last week that was as new with the box.

Just my opinion for what it's worth...

I have looked at a lot of Thompson Center rifles. I don't believe it was ever a Renegade 56 smoothbore. The 56 SB marking on the barrel looks nothing like the factory marking I have seen on other examples. It may not even mean 56 caliber smoothbore. IDK.

It looks like a rifle cobbled up from Thompson Center and other parts. If you are seeking an original T/C Renegade Smoothbore, I would keep looking. There are plenty out there and they show up on GB all the time. I just saw one last week that was as new with the box.

Can't swear to anything but, pretty confident it's a 56SB that was defarbed, browned & then re-marked with caliber which is why the letter style is different. And then at some point after that somebody along the way had it bored/rifled.

But, I agree, if ya want a TC smoothbore buy one ya know for sure what it is. There's a nice looking one listed on gunbroker that's at 300 bucks and a couple days left on the auction.

Latest posts

Back