• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A Pair of Pistols from the French Alps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I`m breaking the rules of this Forum.

Gunsmith L. Collombert from Aix les Bains.

THE MUST HABE BEEN BUILT BETWEEN 1860 - 1880.

Built for Target shooting (and I will use them again for that)

Calibre 10.5 mm

High-quality pair of pistols in almost new condition.
The Pictures tell the rest.

Ask for your opinion whether the pistols fit into this forum.
View attachment 198254View attachment 198256View attachment 198257View attachment 198258View attachment 198259View attachment 198260View attachment 198261View attachment 198262View attachment 198263View attachment 198264
Stunning!!

They almost look like dueling pistols, especially being numbered as they are...I realize they may be a bit later in time than when dueling was legal over here, not sure about the laws where they were built...As noted, beautiful and very functional, what we all love in a weapon...

If showing those pistols would be against the rules then the rukles would need revised! What exquisite craftsmanship and a pleasure to see them.

The fluted barrels are the equivalent of beautiful, long hair and a low-cut dress on a woman.

The fluted barrels are the equivalent of beautiful, long hair and a low-cut dress on a woman.
Not only increase the Beauty ,deceases the weight you have in your hand..OLD DOG..

Maybe I`m breaking the rules of this Forum.

Gunsmith L. Collombert from Aix les Bains.

THE MUST HABE BEEN BUILT BETWEEN 1860 - 1880.

Built for Target shooting (and I will use them again for that)

Calibre 10.5 mm

High-quality pair of pistols in almost new condition.
The Pictures tell the rest.

Ask for your opinion whether the pistols fit into this forum.
View attachment 198254View attachment 198256View attachment 198257View attachment 198258View attachment 198259View attachment 198260View attachment 198261View attachment 198262View attachment 198263View attachment 198264

You sir won the Lottery buying them, an absolutely superb and unique cased brace of Percussion lock Gentlemans pistols.
Do you have any provenance on them ?
Harry Flashman ?
Colonel Frederick Burnaby ?
Dr Watson ?
Colonel Sebastian Moran ?

I see that we're going to have to Duel over them, I suggest Balloons and Blunderbusses at 25 yards !
Nah. Realistically, I got more guns than I need and getting close to more guns than I want. Then again the equation for enough guns is g + 1 = e where "g" is the present number of guns and "e" is enough guns. Therefore, enough guns is not achievable.

You sir won the Lottery buying them, an absolutely superb and unique cased brace of Percussion lock Gentlemans pistols.
Do you have any provenance on them ?
Harry Flashman ?
Colonel Frederick Burnaby ?
Dr Watson ?
Colonel Sebastian Moran ?
Iunderstoodthatreference.jpeg

Latest posts

Back