A new Rifleman's knife

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

brazosland

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Is being born! Having a talented artisan who frequents this board making this knife to my specifications.

Blade is 9.5” long and the one piece antler grip is oversized to fit my big paws.

Thought I would brag in advance since I got some pics this evening...

A24BDA4F-6C98-47C0-B7D5-FB145E59C9BD.jpeg
E08D1983-221D-4D7D-A0D9-08BD79CEDD38.jpeg

DOUBLEDEUCE 1

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I hope you have my correct address. I don’t want to see it get lost in the mail... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

brazosland

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Luckily I do not! I say luckily because my two brothers don’t have between them half the hair I do!

it’s Christmas Eve and I just put my two boys to bed by reading them Mr Moore’s The Night Before Christmas. One of my favorite things to do all year. I said a prayer afterwards hoping they would only know peace in their lifetimes...I do wish it would be true.

But I have my doubts. I don’t wish I’ll on anyone who would leave me and my family be, but there are people out there who just don’t think that way. I had a distant grandfather of my sir name who was a Capt of South Carolina militia. He was no stranger to scalps on his lodgepole. His son and grandson did the same on the Texas frontier and, we are reliably told, during the War Between the States. The family took the 20th Century off...but maybe we will have to get back into the family business yet again in the 21st Century. I pray not. But if so, I have the blade for it!

Merry Christmas to all! May Joy and Peace embrace you on Christmas morning!

GregCSarver

32 Cal
Reaction score
Updated pics. Waiting on leather to be done now. The knife maker does the leather also, that’s rare...and he does a great job, that’s even more rare!

The way things are going... If lifting scalps ever becomes fashionable again, I am one Shemenese that will be ready.

View attachment 53860View attachment 53861
Just received last week from Tallpine the little brother version of your knife. He is excellent as is his workmanship.