• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A new rifle, but pre carved this time

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thinking of taking on another flint rifle build. My energy level and zeal are not what they used to be. I like to build from scratch, but because of the aforementioned I want a pre carved stock. ( A 50 cal swamped flint with brass patchbox) I am looking into Chambers and Kibler. Who else should I check out?
Thanks
Flintlocklar :hmm:

Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply company is a good one.

Although they offer pre-carved stocks with the lock mortise pre cut you can also get them without the mortise.

That allows you to use a different lock than the one they cut the stock for.

More than a few times I've done this because the Siler lock wasn't the right style for the gun I was building.

Also, Dick Greensides, the owner, is a great guy who will work with you to give you pretty much whatever you might want.

+ a zillion ”¦ my last precarved was a Pecatonica, and I wouldn't use any one else!

:bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jim and MSW,
I will for sure check Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply.
Track seems good for a pre designed kit, but I need a vender who will do specific detail work.
Flintlocklar :wink:

Dave Keck as well. Tip Curtis is another.

Kibler's "kits" are the closest to being true kits though, and he leaves enough wood on there to do raised carving too. He uses cad-cam equipment to make his stocks so the inlets are super tight.

I've built three rifles with Pecatonica stocks and they are excellent. I have a Kibler Colonial on order just because I have a mania for early Virginia's. He does not offer a brass patchbox, but if you order the stock without the sliding patchbox, you could inlet your own.

Thanks guys, I placed my order Sat (Pecatonica) via email and have already talked to both Doug and Dick. I ordered a Early Lancaster with prep for a 50 cal Rice swamped barrel, and large Siler lock. Come on UPS man!!!
Flintlocklar :wink:

Latest posts

Back