• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A new Powder Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a cow horn and decided to carve it into a Powder Horn this weekend. I couldn't decide what to design on it, so I just left the body blank.
Thoroughly enjoyed making it, even when I messed-up trying to file some straighr border lines. Oh well, it's folk art!

Attachments

• horn 1.jpg
    horn 1.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 315
  • horn 5.jpg
    horn 5.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 324
  • horn 4.jpg
    horn 4.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 317
  • horn 6.jpg
    horn 6.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 293
I bought a cow horn and decided to carve it into a Powder Horn this weekend. I couldn't decide what to design on it, so I just left the body blank.
Thoroughly enjoyed making it, even when I messed-up trying to file some straighr border lines. Oh well, it's folk art!
I can't escape the feeling that it's looking at me with those two eyes...........

That is a very nice horn indeed! I like the finish as well as the scrim work! Thumbs up!

Nailed it!

Back