• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A New Holster Maker!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a nice holster. BPA the pattern you sent me for the Walker will come in handy. That holster there is just what i need for my new Pietta stainless NMA i just acquired. If you have a pattern laying around for it i sure could use it. All i have for it is an old Cabelas Hunter holster that does it no justice. How much difference is the Walker pattern from the NMA pattern? They are both a California Slim Jim pattern right? I do love the hammer throng on that Walker holster and the wrap around pattern.
DL
I would be happy to send you a copy of that pattern for the Remington NMA.

The holsters for the Walker and Remington are definitely different.

I do not know exactly what the definition is for a "Slim Jim/California" type holster, but I suppose this one could be called by that name. I just free-handed a design that looked right to me. I plan to make one for myself. I can easily make a copy of the pattern for you. Please give me a few days. I think I still have your mailing address.

The hammer thong is easy to add to any design, and I will include a few ideas with the pattern.

Last edited:
Please give me a few days. I think I still have your mailing address.
Will re PM it to you. This is a good holster but has no style. Good for field carry but yours looks better.
DL
IMG_1087.JPG

Good field carry holster,
But this beauty deserves better.
IMG_1086_kindlephoto-412502835.jpg

Interesting. Nice holster, and interesting story. I bet your friend has some good ones.
Yes, he certainly does! After he got out of the army, he wanted to forget about it and move on with his life. Looking back on it now, we talk and he tells me stuff he had forgotten and never knew anyone would be interested in hearing. We both think he should write a book describing his experiences growing up in the Soviet Union and his time in the Soviet military.

Yes, he certainly does! After he got out of the army, he wanted to forget about it and move on with his life. Looking back on it now, we talk and he tells me stuff he had forgotten and never knew anyone would be interested in hearing. We both think he should write a book describing his experiences growing up in the Soviet Union and his time in the Soviet military.
I wouldn't mind reading something like that. I was not a career Marine, but i served my country with as much dignity and professionalism as i could. I love my country with all my heart and still carry the oath i took in my heart very seriosly. The many cultures of this world, though different from ours, do have some very interesting similarities to ours. When it comes to the common man or woman be the civilian or military their goals are like ours. Raise their families in a safe and loving enviroment, though some cannot, we all want peace and posterity for our children and their children, and to see our bloodlines continue on. Ok now i am getting sentimental and showing my age. I will stop here.
DL

Last edited:
Will do! Kamil is comeing over again this week after work to make another similar holster, but left handed. Kamil is left handed.

I didn't know it at the time, but he made the first one for his right handed brother, Igor, who lives in Magadon, Russian Far East, with his extremely good looking wife. They can own Italian replica guns, but only after they has been properly made inert (welded shut barrel, etc.).

I have a Russian friend named Kamil (which is actually a Turkish name). Interestingly, he served in the Soviet Army, and was stationed in Dresden, East Germany in the mid 1980s, and I drove past that army base when I was there, long before I ever met him. He said life in the Soviet military was a living hell, and your only function was as a slave laborer. His firearms instruction consisted of firing three rounds from and AK74!

Anyway, I have known him for about 15 years. He saw some of the holsters I have made, and recently asked me to show him how to make one. He has a Pietta NMA 1858 replica.

We made it last week in my garage after work. It turned out very well, especially for a first holster.
View attachment 44557
View attachment 44559

View attachment 44560

View attachment 44561
View attachment 44562
View attachment 44563
i like it, very nice work

BPA
Started my holster today. Got it laid out and cut out, kinda. Will work on it some more tomorrow.
DL

Attachments

• IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1094_1.JPG
    IMG_1094_1.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 78
Will do! Kamil is comeing over again this week after work to make another similar holster, but left handed. Kamil is left handed.

I didn't know it at the time, but he made the first one for his right handed brother, Igor, who lives in Magadon, Russian Far East, with his extremely good looking wife. They can own Italian replica guns, but only after they has been properly made inert (welded shut barrel, etc.).

Well BPA thats gotta suck. Why own one if you cant shoot it. I mean i am sitting on my covered patio working on this holster and hunting squirrels, i keep my 22 sitting in the corner within reach. I got a bunch of white oak trees loaded with acorns but the little guys prefer my paper shell pecans and my bird feeder seed. So its open war on the little tree rats and the crows.
Point is its a shame he cant enjoy shooting them like we do, for right now, here in America.
DL

Last edited by a moderator:
Well BPA thats gotta suck. Why own one if you cant shoot it. I mean i am sitting on my covered patio working on this holster and hunting squirrels, i keep my 22 sitting in the corner within reach. I got a bunch of white oak trees loaded with acorns but the little guys prefer my paper shell pecans and my bird feeder seed. So its open war on the little tree rats and the crows.
Point is its a shame he cant enjoy shooting them like we do, for right now, here in America.
DL
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance...

Latest posts

Back