• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A new Canadian member

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome form Norway. I did build an under-hammer with interchangeable rifle/shotgun barrels a few years back. I did like the fast and direct ignition. I`ve since then sold it, and regretted that I did!

Which action did you use?
I do belief the action on this one was given to me at the Alafia river rendezvous in 06 or 08.
it was handed to me by Michael Pierce aka. Hawk (ret, col. Special Forces.) with the words "make something out of it!"
The action had the main spring integrated as the trigger guard.
Another fun fact was that when we got to know each other: Hawk had done service together with my "Cousin" from St. Paul MN.

I do belief the action on this one was given to me at the Alafia river rendezvous in 06 or 08.
it was handed to me by Michael Pierce aka. Hawk (ret, col. Special Forces.) with the words "make something out of it!"
The action had the main spring integrated as the trigger guard.
Another fun fact was that when we got to know each other: Hawk had done service together with my "Cousin" from St. Paul MN.

Switch barrel guns are appealing to my thrifty Scottish nature and underhammers or Hawken style guns seem to work well for that.
Currently thinking about trying to make a mule ear in the machine shop.

Switch barrel guns are appealing to my thrifty Scottish nature and underhammers or Hawken style guns seem to work well for that.
Currently thinking about trying to make a mule ear in the machine shop.
I will wait for the result. Under-hammers and side slappers do have fast ignitions as the flame form the percussion cap hits the main charge in an instant.

All this about speed and "hitting the charge direct?" What ho my Canadian friend. What you want in the thicket is a fine .62 smoothbore in one of the many Pennsylvania styles!
Rather, get what you want, but welcome from the right side of the continent, Pennsylvania! Get it, right side, like the correct side but also east if looking at a north oriented trans-mercator...never mind. Two beers in boys and I'm a light weight.

Back