• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A most reliable printed source about the American frontier.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Beadles Dime Novels!
I doubt their published stories were exaggerated... just professional journalism for city news stands, and railroad stations. :ghostly:

'Number 1' Malaeska the Indian Wife, early edition 1860. I think the later edition was reprented a couple years later after initial sales were skyrocketing.

Dime-Novel-Malaeska-494x750.jpg

default.jpg

There is a large volume of popular interviews from people living post 1800 and their surviving relatives. I've collected about 15 priceless books containing this nearly lost information from our early American history. It's out there , and becoming scarce as time proceeds. These early people were a different breed, wanting freedom , and willing to risk life and limb to get it.............oldwood

Apparently Beadles also published One Penny novels in England. One of the more entertaining I found on Google were not actually by Beadle.
There was someone in a dark cloak, claw gloves, and devil mask jumping around in London and the Midlands. Nobody was sure what he was up to. Magazines were published to take advantage of the rumors and newspaper reports.

9-spring-heeled-jack.jpg

Wikipedia: By the early 1900s he was being represented as a costumed, altruistic avenger of wrongs and protector of the innocent, effectively becoming a precursor to pulp fiction and then comice book superheroes.
dime-novels-and-penny-dreadfuls.jpg

Back