I made two of them. One used a hemp cord, a piece of a hemp rope I use, which was just a bit too small for the job and would slip out of the tube in my kit. I solved that by making a wedge to stick into the tube with it to lock it in place between fires. The other I made using some 5/8" cotton tape my wife had in her sewing supplies, binding tape, I guess. I stacked 3 of those up, rolled them into a cord and bound them every inch or so. That one works particularly well.
I plan on doing the same with turkey bones after the holidays, after I separate the turkey from its bones. That's the fun part. :haha: