• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A Man Has to Know His Limitations!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hunt multiple areas and hunted different states in same season

Various tools for the job include a long range rifle, walking carbine, Double Rifle, Flintlocks.

Adapt and adjust for the terrain.
My adaptation and adjustment is to not go out opening week of deer season. Too many people who only get into the woods that one time a year. Blaze orange is good. But not fool proof.

For what it's worth I'm a young guy and wear a PAST recoil shield. I've always said if you're recoil sensitive be a real man and admit it, it's not something to be ashamed of its just a fact of life. Some guys can run a mile others have to walk the mile, the outcome is still the same. I'd rather utilize a recoil device and shoot tiny little groups rather than not and shoot groups the size of garbage can lids. Just my 2 cents.

My adaptation and adjustment is to not go out opening week of deer season. Too many people who only get into the woods that one time a year. Blaze orange is good. But not fool proof.
Must hunt smart per Terrain and be vigilant to safety.

It seems like In Your… area, You certainly are.

The much-maligned UK has no tag system that can cost you a fortune, but on the downside has no muzzleloading season of any kind, as they are not deemed 'powerful' enough to deal with UK's deer genres.
There not deemed power full enough in the case of the 600 nitro, as while it will I believe knock an Elephant flat, it Doesn't have the Muzzle velocity. Some Berk probably a UK 'Beer Talker' bunch of dreamers & snobs dreamed up that bumph they even scorn the 303 its all 270 & 243 the trendy choose ( I know I used to sell it ). Whatever did Robin Hood do with no back up 270?.
However This blessed Isle well Isles, We got two big ones of New Zealand is crawling with various deer species plus Thar, Ibex ,Wild Pigs and goats . all unkindly classed as ' noxious animals' ( bit like most politicians are and more deservedly ) So you can hunt every day of the year no limit , no tag, no cost at all, except modest hut fees if you use them. Sell all the meat you can haul with suitable bows, cross bows, ML & BP BL s of any sort . But they are hardly to be seen from any road as the ones that used too be seen got made munchies by any rural truck driver . Hence the game that caught on tend to' graze at 60 miles an hour' as we (I was once a NZ Forest Service Culler )used to jest . I had an old Jungle carbine then but stay with MLs now not many chose a snap matchlock but I did a few times . My old two groove percussion was probably the most accountable for Deer tally . Any way not sure how you would get on bringing in guns probably no great bother & if you had a guide he,d have some thing no doubt . But it isnt like UK no Gilly to guide you to a 'Donk' who's meat you probably have to buy but you might get a cosey bed with sheets and fine dinning . You wont get that in the NZ weeds its useually a grunt and your lucky to barrel any thing but there in there.
Regards Rudyard

There not deemed power full enough in the case of the 600 nitro, as while it will I believe knock an Elephant flat, it Doesn't have the Muzzle velocity. Some Berk probably a UK 'Beer Talker' bunch of dreamers & snobs dreamed up that bumph they even scorn the 303 its all 270 & 243 the trendy choose ( I know I used to sell it ). Whatever did Robin Hood do with no back up 270?.
However This blessed Isle well Isles, We got two big ones of New Zealand is crawling with various deer species plus Thar, Ibex ,Wild Pigs and goats . all unkindly classed as ' noxious animals' ( bit like most politicians are and more deservedly ) So you can hunt every day of the year no limit , no tag, no cost at all, except modest hut fees if you use them. Sell all the meat you can haul with suitable bows, cross bows, ML & BP BL s of any sort . But they are hardly to be seen from any road as the ones that used too be seen got made munchies by any rural truck driver . Hence the game that caught on tend to' graze at 60 miles an hour' as we (I was once a NZ Forest Service Culler )used to jest . I had an old Jungle carbine then but stay with MLs now not many chose a snap matchlock but I did a few times . My old two groove percussion was probably the most accountable for Deer tally . Any way not sure how you would get on bringing in guns probably no great bother & if you had a guide he,d have some thing no doubt . But it isnt like UK no Gilly to guide you to a 'Donk' who's meat you probably have to buy but you might get a cosey bed with sheets and fine dinning . You wont get that in the NZ weeds its useually a grunt and your lucky to barrel any thing but there in there.
Regards Rudyard
Bet if someone shot my .58 Double… loaded up with over 140grs of Swiss Powder , and a 700+ or up to the 900 grain lead bullets I’ve seen available

*Oh and I cast mine at 8Bhn and water quench with excellent accuracy….

Well, It would be sufficient

Or If not, ya simply move up to the .72 Caliber

Last edited:
At the Cattle station I often shot on in Queensland I kept a double 500 Bp express by Lang can't recall if it was 3" or 3& a quarter case '' Know it was overkill on Roo's I bought it in India, I used to ship such things to UK & NZ underlever Jones closure & BA hammer. But it & others got made needing licenses they never did before but stupid Australian states seem to vie with each other in anti gun legislation . I got sold to a Brisbane collector , Think Ron Winfer got it . I dealt with his brother Wal quite a bit .Only 58 cal DB was W&C Scott needed a new fore end wood Ide have it in my old register if yours fits the description by chance .
Regards Rudyard

Start a rumor that the deer in your area have covid?
Or deer ticks, lyme disease, and chronic brain wasting disease. Tularemia, slow liver death and Plague are good old standbys. A few slick paper, professionally laid out fliers and a well written article or two in the popular hook and bullet magazines should do the trick. The out-of-towners all read the same magazines. Lies, half truths and innuendo seem to work on a national level. An infestation of bedbugs, fleas and cockroaches, and a genetic viral anomaly that causes the second generation of bucks to be midgets ... we hope it isn't able to make the jump to humans.. your kids will probably be okay, but check with the missus before booking your trip, folks. Microencephalitis (very little brains) Gain of function can be catching. Send that youngest son to California where he will be safe.

Start a rumor that the deer in your area have covid?
Here's another one that will surely start all kinds of rumors:

Here in South central Colorado near Trinidad last weekend we had some earthquakes. Between Friday 3/10/2023 and Monday 3/13/2023 we had a total of 8 earthquakes from 2.8 to 4.3. My home is at 7350' elevation and that 4.3 shook the whole house. That one happened around 11:00 PM and woke me up out of a dead sleep. Never felt the smaller ones. On Saturday I was sitting on the sofa watching TV and it felt like someone was blasting close by, another 4.3 but very short and deeper.

Now, that being said, here come the theorists for end times, the bible, fracking, and the rest of the garbage!! Never mind that the earth has a liquid center of heated magma that causes these plates to shift.

Here's another one that will surely start all kinds of rumors:

Here in South central Colorado near Trinidad last weekend we had some earthquakes. Between Friday 3/10/2023 and Monday 3/13/2023 we had a total of 8 earthquakes from 2.8 to 4.3. My home is at 7350' elevation and that 4.3 shook the whole house. That one happened around 11:00 PM and woke me up out of a dead sleep. Never felt the smaller ones. On Saturday I was sitting on the sofa watching TV and it felt like someone was blasting close by, another 4.3 but very short and deeper.

Now, that being said, here come the theorists for end times, the bible, fracking, and the rest of the garbage!! Never mind that the earth has a liquid center of heated magma that causes these plates to shift.
Well, you got the Yellowstone Caldera to worry about. When it goes, it will start with small quakes all over the region and then nuke the continent. We'll get clobbered even here in Wisconsin. Yeah, I'm kind of a disasterphile.

Saw this meme this morning then saw this thread. LOL

Attachments

• 5217D51A-152F-430C-8F13-93F44D41BA3A.jpeg
    5217D51A-152F-430C-8F13-93F44D41BA3A.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 0
Back