• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A little time with the Crocket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 Perdersoli percussion Blue Ridge Rifles in .32 calibre & .50 calibre…got the .32 calibre out of the Bargain Cave in Sydney NB, back in the early 90’s.

The .32 is rocking accurate…just amazing.

As for my .50 calibre Blue Ridge…I’d rather shoot my Pedersoli .50 calibre Alamo…lights out, more accurate.
Been looking at a Pedersoli in .32 but not decided which one. I have 4 others in various calibers. My elk hunting rifle is the .54 Blue Ridge in flintlock. Nice to hear that your .32 is accurate. thanks for the info.

Been looking at a Pedersoli in .32 but not decided which one. I have 4 others in various calibers. My elk hunting rifle is the .54 Blue Ridge in flintlock. Nice to hear that your .32 is accurate. thanks for the info.
I will admit that the .32 is decidedly barrel heavy, though I seldom shoot off hand when hunting…so not a significant issue. The accuracy of the gun is just outstanding. My Dad has the same gun as a Flintlock…and again, accuracy is outstanding.

I have always wanted a Blue Ridge in .45 & .54 calibres, I wound up with a .50 calibre…

How do you like your .54 calibre?

I inherited a 50 caliber Blue Ridge percussion many years ago and have enjoyed it considerably since. Back then I only shot cast TC Maxihunter conical bullets out of the TC Renegade and carried those over to the BR. A while later the PRB bug bit and I changed to shooting those in it. First PRB deer was taken with it, as well as a few more.

It isn't barrel heavy and is enjoyable to still hunt the woods with.
As with my other factory muzzleloaders, I stripped the urethane finish and rubbed in an oil coat. No, it doesn't make the Blue Ridge anymore HC but is more pleasing to my eye.

I've been really happy with the accuracy of the Crockett 32 caliber, especially considering I'm behind the trigger. Got the best results with a .310 ball and .015 lubed patch and 20 grains of 3F, but every rifle is different. The Crockett rifles may not be a works of art but they sure are handy and accurate. I don't hunt anymore but I would be confident squirrel hunting with a Crockett.

If I didn't already have an old Dixie Cub rifle, I would use the Crockett as a training tool for young shooters.

Jeff

Got the best results with a .310 ball and .015 lubed patch and 20 grains of 3F, but every rifle is different.
Yeah, every rifle is different, but it's interesting how this ball/patch/load combination seems to be so overwhelmingly common among Crockett users.

Back