• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A little more shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1BadDart

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Today was another unusually warm day with high humidity. After helping my boss (wife) with some honey do's (shampooing the carpet) I was free do as I pleased. A couple days ago I started a thread on my experiences shooting Schutzen 3F and Swiss 3F off handed. The rifle had been zeroed off a bench at 25 yards with the Schutzen. Today I shot the Swiss off the bench using a Bulls bag in the front and a rear bag. My goal was to see what charge weight this rifle likes with the Swiss and if it differed from the Schutzen. My measure was set at 30 grains, so I started there, I shot 30, 25, 35 and 30 grains, swabbed with a damp patch after each shot. Also, I fired one shot to foul the barrel before starting.

IMG_7052.jpg
IMG_7053.jpg

30 grains was best when testing Schutzen, I think either will work fine. Swiss may not be worth the extra costs, at least for me.
IMG_6951.jpg

The note on the first two targets is wrong, the mix is 6/1 water/Ballistol, not Ballistol/water.

Latest posts

Back