• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A little leather stitching today.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Appalachian

Feral American
Reaction score
New sheepskin shot bag in the works......

Denise Haddix Cossel, Contemporary Longrifle Association member, wove the strap for me out of wool in my scottish tartan colours.

Screenshot_20220816-174235_Gallery.jpg

If I may ask, Where did you get the colored thread? Assuming that’s wax linen correct?

RM
Amazon, Butuze brand. There's like 15 colors. It is waxed, but not enough for me, I pass it over a chunk of bow string wax to add a little more. Not sure what material it is, they don't say. It does melt like nylon does with a lighter, so it's not a natural fiber. Tough as hell, I can't break it with my XXXL meat hooks. It'll cut thin leather like this sheep skin pulling too tight. Dang good thread.

Back