• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD A little Costume jewelry?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks; Two Feathers here, with something different. Own a piece that will be sure to make folks look. It's a replica from the Fur Trade era.
Here's 1 handmade Iron horseshoe nail cross with Buckskin thong. Price: $20.00 +$4.00 s&h. This cross measures 2-1/4” high by 1-3/4” across. It's made from 2 Iron Horse Shoe nails, cut and soldered to form the cross. These nails have been modified to look exactly like 1700’s horse shoe nails, then aged. The cross is wrapped at the connecting joint with tin plated Copper wire and soldered again for further strength. There is a soft Buckskin thong attached, that measures 18” folded. It can be cut and retied to accommodate your desired length.

Many a Mountain Man and fur trapper had his scalp saved by wearing one of these. Even though the Indians were considered Savages, they held Christian symbols in great regard with their belief of a higher power. They might have been considered savages, but many weren’t uncivilized in that sense. Most Indians would never harm a White man wearing a Christian symbol or carrying a Bible. This would look great on you at your next rendezvous or living history gathering; and you will fit right in with the fur trapper crowd from the 1700’s. If you dress to be the Reverend; “preacher man”, or Padre’, this will set you apart from the rest of the group. Since I make these one at a time, no two will be exactly the same. I use only 100% American sourced materials. Please support American craftspeople.
1589809017033.png

If you’re interested PM me here.
As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Proprietor of:

The Mountain Man Emporium

Attachments

• thumbnail (132).jpg
    thumbnail (132).jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 91
  • thumbnail (133).jpg
    thumbnail (133).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 91
I'm curious as to where you got your information that most Indians wouldn't harm people wearing Christian symbols or carrying Bibles. I've never heard of such a thing, though history provides a number of accounts of exactly the opposite. Pere Jean de Brebeuf and St. Isaac Jogues (who was mutilated and later murdered by the Mohawk) are among the earliest Catholic North American martyrs. In 1758 the Comanche attacked the Mission of Santa Cruz de San Saba, killing 2 priests. In the 1770s, the Apache killed more than half of the priests sent into Arizona. Presumably, every one of these men was wearing a cross and/or carrying a Bible.
Jay

The Indians where certainly scared of the "Mystic/Unknown" no doubt about that...
Neither here nor there...
NICE CROSS & cheap enough, GLWS!

The Indians where certainly scared of the "Mystic/Unknown" no doubt about that...
Neither here nor there...
NICE CROSS & cheap enough, GLWS!
Pepster
Thank you. I'm not trying to make a living off of my wares, so my prices (in my opinion) are pretty good.

I agree, maybe nothing other than old wives tales, but you're correct about the being scared stuff. I'm 75% Navajo and I can tell you first hand; that tales ran through my family at gatherings.
Blessings:
Two Feathers

I just offered some facts when it came to Indian history...

Ancient Indian Psychology is NOT a Science...

Last edited:
This is a classified advertisement. Although there might be questions about some of the comments made in the ad, IMO, those questions should best be asked in a Private Message (known as a "Conversation" here on the forum) or start a new thread in the right area of the forum to discuss the subject.
For instance a thread could be made in the "General reenacting Discussions" area saying,
"
I saw a comment that said "most Indians wouldn't harm people wearing Christian symbols or carrying Bibles. "
Is there any truth in that? Does anyone have any information about it?"

Now that I've broken my own rule about putting unrelated things into someone else's ad, lets keep further discussion about these off topic questions to ourselves and get back to the item being offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back