• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A little bonjour from Normandy-France

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly, our French friends 'won' second place in both battles of Waterloo and Trafalgar, although the siege of Maastricht took place in an earlier war.
Right sir TFoley, that's true, but 'bout Maastricht :
D'Artagnan (de echt) werd gedood door een musketkogel op 25 juni 1673, in de slag bij Maastricht...
Maastricht is ook een nederlaag, maar een moderne deze keer.... 😭
D'Artagnan (the real one) was killed by a musket ball on June 25, 1673, in the battle of Maastricht :

Charles de Batz de Castelmore d'Artagnan - Wikipedia
The d'Artagnan Romances - Wikipedia

Maastricht is also a defeat, but a modern, this time.... 😭

I'am from high normandy , in the middle of a triangle Rouen-Amiens-Beauvais
Je suis né plus au sud de cette province d'Absurdistan : je suis d'Evreux d'un père breton et d'une mère d'origine néerlandaise et j'en suis parti à 21 ans en 1969... ;)
I was born further south of this province of Absurdistan: I'm from Evreux of a Breton father and a mother of Dutch origin, and I left there at 21 years old in 1969... ;)

Last edited:
Right sir TFoley, that's true, but 'bout Maastricht :
D'Artagnan (de echt) werd gedood door een musketkogel op 25 juni 1673, in de slag bij Maastricht...
Maastricht is ook een nederlaag, maar een moderne deze keer.... 😭
D'Artagnan (the real one) was killed by a musket ball on June 25, 1673, in the battle of Maastricht :

Charles de Batz de Castelmore d'Artagnan - Wikipedia
The d'Artagnan Romances - Wikipedia

Maastricht is also a defeat, but a modern, this time.... 😭

Je suis né plus au sud de cette province d'Absurdistan : je suis d'Evreux d'un père breton et d'une mère d'origine néerlandaise et j'en suis parti à 21 ans en 1969... ;)
I was born further south of this province of Absurdistan: I'm from Evreux of a Breton father and a mother of Dutch origin, and I left there at 21 years old in 1969... ;)

All fascinating history - thank you! When we lived in Rheindahlen we would often visit Maastricht - not only for the fascinating caves, but also for those wonderful Dutch cream cakes - Roermond, too! I commend to you Enzo's Burgers in the town square.....

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! My Son had the honor to parachute in to Normandy as part of the 70th anniversary of D-Day. He met some French Citizens who were surviving witnesses from the time. He was very impressed with the friendly French people he met.

Back