• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Kind offer from Dutch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Steele

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Dutch requested that I open a new post with this kind offer to the members of this forum so Here Ya Go..From Dutch Schoultz:
I am beginning to close things down around here and have a few things that might be of interest to some folks.
Free, of course.
I have always suggested people tap and/or die cut items in the manufacturing of odd items like range rods, short starters etcetera.
I always assumed everyone had a Tap & Die Set.
I have a slightly used Craftsman set I was busy with back in the 70's and early 80's.
I would be happy to send it on to some needy person, preferably an old subscriber to my controversial System but if they express great need I won't hold them to that.

There are one or two other items that I will bring up as I come across them.
My local City is giving me some grief about the condition of my apartment where I have dwelt since 1972 or 3 so I am cleaning out everything.

Do not clutter the Forum with private requests
Send your story to
[email protected]
dr5x22 at yahoo(that's a dot com)

Don Steel was the only responder to my original offer.
I found a rather nifty set of screwdriver tools designed for folks who work on guns both modern and traditional.
Its complete but the case is a bit dinged up from much traveling about.

First come first wins (?)

I think I have some stones from Brownell for fine tuning lock action if I can find them

Dutch- Remember, these offerings are free

The tap & Die set, The Gunmaker's Screwdriver Set have both been mailed.
The small grinding stones and the two glass Door knobs are spoken for but not mailed I'm surprised they haven't named a glacier after the post office.

The only things left, at present are two browned metal door knobs ideal fro a comfortable range rod and Short starter..

If I find more I will so inform the congregation.

Dutch

Dutch Schoultz said:
I'm surprised they haven't named a glacier after the post office.

Think those boys are still arguing the "slow boat"/"really slow boat" question. :wink: *

No,
Glory moved to the Dakotas with her family.

Myself, I am just shrinking my operation to fit the marked decline in interest in muzzleloading accuracy. or Whateverhas caused this recent slump.

If I can't cover my costs I'll have to reduce expenditures.

Dutch

Believe me my friend its not you. I am very pleased to have got the system, great product and unmatched service. Its the economy. We being told how good it is daily but I have had the worst year by 30% than I have EVER HAD in my own self employed business. :(

Advertising is the answer. I think it is all about keeping your accuracy system out where it will be seen. You have an extremely valuable product that will continue to be needed by anyone who shoots a muzzleloader and aspires to hit what they aim at. One excellent place for people to learn about your accuracy system is by telling folks on this forum. Oh, I know some soreheads have complained but just how much do you value the opinion of some old sorehead? Far more people have benefitted from your system than the few complainers. As the Bible says, don't hide your light under a bushel. Why not let me tell folks about your system. If some old sorehead complains to me about it, I just frankly don't give a damn. I know I am helping someone find what makes his rifle shoot to its maximum accuracy potential and if that gives some old sorehead the red ass, I don't care. I'm a big boy and I can take the heat. :thumbsup:

I like what Bill said.
Dutch's system package..used properly, not "pick-and-choose"
Will save folks a lot of time and powder.

Well that's good to know Dutch, happy new year btw!

The system and your coaching has been a blessing to me and plug it every chance I get.

The times are a changin' though, this youtube, video game generation can't read and or doesn't have the patience to learn something. They just want to be instant experts at everything and give up and move on at the first sign of resistance.

For those of us raised the old fashioned way and raising our children as such, they're the kind that have the brains/aptitude for muzzleloading and the patience to read and learn.

Dutch Schoultz said:
No,
Glory moved to the Dakotas with her family.

Myself, I am just shrinking my operation to fit the marked decline in interest in muzzleloading accuracy. or Whateverhas caused this recent slump.

If I can't cover my costs I'll have to reduce expenditures.

Dutch

Sorry to hear things are going so slowly for you. The economy can be blamed but considering the stores are still selling every round of ammo, pound of powder and black gun they can get their hands on, and that the manufacturers are running 24/7 and still can't meet demand, I would say something else is at work.

Too many continue to underestimate the impact of online selling and the internet. Businesses that don't have a website, easy online ordering and a heavy marketing presence are slowly disappearing.

Being talked about and recommended by satisfied customers is all good and your product truly is great but the total number of ML shooters versus the number that frequent this site is a very small fraction. Pennsylvania alone claims to sell over 145,000 Flintlock licenses. Some advertising on their website or in their Flintlock regulations section would reach far more people with an interest in better accuracy, in one state, than this forum does nation wide (current members 28,339 of which less than half are active.).

The rest of the States may not have as many ML hunters as Pennsylvania but all told there has to be over 1,000,000 ML hunters nations wide and that doesn't touch the the guys that only Rondy, Target shoot etc. The tick is to figure out how to reach each of these very separate and different target audiences.

I think there is still a great need for your system, as well as a huge market for it, if you are interested in pursuing it. All the best in the New Year.

AMEN! to that. Heard of Dutch's system once upon a time, many years ago, but didn't order it until this year. Worth every penny! Well thought out and easily understood.

Anytime someone with experience wants to share it with you, only a fool won't listen.

BTW, I may be an "old man", but I am still quick on the draw, and know when to press the trigger. I am the delighted recipient of Dutch's "Washita Mountain Whetstone Company Natural Arkansas Stone File Set 1/4 inch" - unused. I intend to change that situation as soon as Flintlock season ends here in PA.

Dutch Schoultz is the "Genuine Article", and one of the blessings that have come my way since entering this Forum. You folks just may bring out my latent abilities, so that I can work on my guns. :thumbsup:

Back