• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD A Handsome Powder Horn for sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi friends,
I just finished making this lobed style Powder Horn and am offering it for sale. Asking $210 plus $15 shipping to the lower 48. (USA only).
It measures 11" from base plug (old pine) to the tip. The width is 2" and 2 1/2" high. It wears best on the right side.
A bit about this horn: After scrimshawing the map of the Chesepeak Bay, I could not decide what to scrimshaw on the obverse side. I thought and thought and did all kinds of sketches. Nothing seemed right. So I put it aside and went about doing other stuff.
After dinner with the fam, it struck me: Do a Sloop. So I did a google search for 18th century Sloops and made some sketches, deciding on the one now on the horn.
It is a fictional boat; I named the Sloop "Mary See" using my kids' names: Mary and Christian (C, his first initial for "See") Hence Mary See. If I had a boat, I would definetly name her the "Mary See" :)
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 14_ a.jpg
    14_ a.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 14_ b.jpg
    14_ b.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 14_ n.jpg
    14_ n.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 14_ o.jpg
    14_ o.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 14_ h.jpg
    14_ h.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 14_ r.jpg
    14_ r.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 14_ p.jpg
    14_ p.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 14_ i.jpg
    14_ i.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 14_ g.jpg
    14_ g.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 143
  • 14_ u.jpg
    14_ u.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 131
Hi friends,
I just finished making this lobed style Powder Horn and am offering it for sale. Asking $210 plus $15 shipping to the lower 48. (USA only).
It measures 11" from base plug (old pine) to the tip. The width is 2" and 2 1/2" high. It wears best on the right side.
A bit about this horn: After scrimshawing the map of the Chesepeak Bay, I could not decide what to scrimshaw on the obverse side. I thought and thought and did all kinds of sketches. Nothing seemed right. So I put it aside and went about doing other stuff.
After dinner with the fam, it struck me: Do a Sloop. So I did a google search for 18th century Sloops and made some sketches, deciding on the one now on the horn.
It is a fictional boat; I named the Sloop "Mary See" using my kids' names: Mary and Christian (C, his first initial for "See") Hence Mary See. If I had a boat, I would definetly name her the "Mary See" :)
Thanks for looking!
Really looks good, nice job Pathfinder!

Very nice! What was the reason for using the Chesapeake Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back