• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A great friend and part of my heart

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Maybe some will find this inappropriate for this thread but here goes.
My sweetheart of a Lab went West yesterday.
She loved hunting grouse with me , and whenever I shot targets would run out and retrieve the patches wherever they fell.
She suffered multiple injury's from the time she was a lil pup and never let it get her down. Broke her right back leg in six places and her first owner neglected her.
She would still run miles if allowed.
There was something about black powder she loved. If I turned my back she would shove her face into my possibles bag and grab the pre lived patches, then run off and scatter them so she could lick the lube off each.
RIP sweet Dazy. After 20 years I will still grieve.

The real Baxter. Left us 6 years ago due to a laryngeal tumor that made breathing too difficult. When the time came, at the vet's, on a blanket behind the clinic, in the June sun, he showed that he was ready to go. "Happy boy" and my wife's shadow. Damned if that wasn't a difficult thing for the family. Still difficult to not have tears just remembering. My wife found him roaming in a roadside ditch, called to him and opened the door for him and he hopped in and stayed with us for many years. He is still with us in the fondest of memories and I look forward to more "fetch" games, one day.
I am truly sorry for your loss. Perhaps Dazy and Baxter are playing together even now. God love them, I know that He does.

Attachments

• 14.-Baxter-Novak.jpg
    14.-Baxter-Novak.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I don't find it AT ALL inappropriate... nothing can steal its way into your heart like a dog.
Mine was named Fletcher, a Jack Russell Terrier who was a Terror at times but was the greatest dog I'll ever have.
He would tree squirrels, defend his territory like a lion. No one ever told him he weighed 19 lbs, he thought he was a Great Dane.
3 years later he is still missed.

My sincere condolences on your loss of Dazy. A good dog is part of the family; actually they see us as part of their pack. No doubt we will meet our companions in the hereafter. I wonder if I'll be worthy to be a member of the howling circle. I don't consider it inappropriate to list such loyal friends here. Geo.

I am also truly sorry for the loss of Dazy. I have had Springer Spaniels all my life, I'm 65, and had to put two down. I believe this is only second to having a true human companion die for whatever reason. I currently have a Springer/Brittany mix that's 11 years old and I know one day the time will come for us to part. Some days I call him a pain in the a__, but I don't really mean it. To me a good dog is more than a friend, he's my buddy!

RIP Dazy. We thought Boney would be joining our other boys, Elwood & Harley, this past summer but he has made an unbelievable turn around according to our vet. He too has had a hard life full of hunting injuries. Broken leg, broken neck, impailment just to name a few. He is my best buddy and I'm soooooo thankful he has
16037.jpeg
decided to stick around awhile longer. We say he will be our last, but we've said that about the last three. It's amazing the effect a dog has on your soul.

Truly sorry to hear about your loss of a good friend and always happy companion. These friends are always ready for an adventure. I agree with Treestalker, we will meet them again in the hunting grounds of the hereafter. They will no longer tire, but will be their youthful selves again. They will probably have game already located for us and are just waiting for us to get there to continue the hunt together.

A long time ago, it was decided that this area of the forum should be reserved to threads about actual people.

I know that many of us have lost loved pets including myself but in order to keep the forum in like with that decision, I'm closing this thread.

Hopefully you will all understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back