• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A great deal!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The wife and I are pretty new to BP. I have a couple revolvers and one rifle but she needed one of her own because we're in the process of joining our local ML club here in St. Louis.

We went out to the club today for a match and ended up finding a Traditions pioneer carbine .50 (in good shape) with a can of Goex, box of balls, powder flask and measure and more, and we got it all for $65!

The woman selling it was a widow that just wanted her husband's gun to go to someone that would get some use out of it and enjoy it. She's excited to have her own rifle and we're looking forward to becoming members of the club!

I just had to share this great deal. Thanks to @Grenadier1758 for inviting us to the club and hooking us up with this bargain!
IMG_20201108_171114.jpg

Well @Justin.44, I think you were able to get a good deal on a nicely cared for entry level rifle, which is what your wife should be able to get some good use out of. Now I warned you at the match before you decided to buy that rifle, that your wife will soon be outshooting you.

I see you threw that package of pre-lubricated patches that were over 5 years old. Good plan.

I think I have a few 50 caliber maxi balls that you can how that that rifle handles bullets.

Last edited:
Well @Justin.44, I think you were able to get a good deal on a nicely cared for entry level rifle, which is what your wife should be able to get some good use out of. Now I warned you at the match before you decided to buy that rifle, that your wife will soon be outshooting you.

I see you threw that package of pre-lubricated patches that were over 5 years old. Good plan.

I think I have a few 50 caliber maxi balls that you can how that that rifle handles bullets.

Maybe I should've kept those bad patches so she doesn't outshoot me! Nah, Actually I'd be happy if she did. I'd like to try those maxi balls. Hopefully we can get out there again soon.

Back