• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A fine walk in the woods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

40 Cal
Reaction score
with my .62 smoothbore flinter.

First pic is obvious. Got 6 total.
Second pic is the 2nd largest Cherry Bark Oak in the United States as confirmed USFS.
Third is a typical oak on my farm.

The flinter can be used for judging the size.

My woods is one of the very very few virgin timber in Louisiana. Never cut.

A very fine day indeed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 214
I'm very jealous of those stomping grounds. And that's a fine lookin arm you got there. Looks like a great day to me. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Awesome timber there on your farm! Ive never seen oak like your third picture. Reminds me more of cypress. Its sure a testament to your character that you value an old growth forest more than cash from loggers. Thank you for your post and pictures.

Thanks for posting the pics and telling us a bit about your trees. Since the timber has never been harvested, does that mean that your family has been on the land for a long, long time protecting the virgin forest? You're a very luck man to own such a property!

Land has been in family for almost 165 years. There are quite a few Oaks that are 200 and one that is estimated by the La. Forestery Dept at 340

Back