• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Final Salute for Kirrmeister

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn, I haven't heard about this. I had quite some good discussions and PM with Dirk when he started to get into custom muzzleloaders.
When I moved to the US last year I was so busy and lost contact. What a shame! Sad to hear that he was killed. A nice fellow shooter and hunter.
I will shoot 3 rounds for him, with 3 different rifles I had discussions about with him. Rounds will be fired this sunday.
Roland

I went to the range this morning, and speaking only in German to my friends there, many of whom, like me, have served in Germany, I fired a twenty-one-gun salute with four x five shots from my revolvers and a final boom from my .58 musketoon, to remember a good guy, sadly missed by all who knew him, even if, like me, it was via the internet.

Every shot I fired was inside the 8-ring on a standard 25m pistol target.

Kirrmeister would have been proud of me.

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

NMLRA members will read an obituary to him in the January issue of Muzzle Blasts, Dirk Pregler, European Field Representative, 1971-2010.

If anybody asks, I can type the obituary.

DIRK PREGLER EUROPEAN FIELD REP, 1971-2010
German NMLRA member and European Field Rep Dirk Pregler died on October 24 from injuries suffered at work a couple days earlier. A member of the German national police, he and several other officers were struck at a traffic check point in the southern Bavarian town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen by a twenty-five year-old driver who evidently failed to see them despite their safety vests. Dirk was an enthusiastic hunter, and worked hard to promote black powder hunting in Germany. He initiated cooperation between the NMLRA and the SPI (Schwarzpulverinitiative, Black Powder Initiative-an international organization that fosters black powder shooting). Despite Dirk's tragic death, this initiative to promote competition and cooperation between the NMLRA and European counterparts will continue as a fitting tribute to his efforts.

:hatsoff:

To all of you who took part in the Kirrmeister Memorial Shoot, thank you very much for participating.

Regrettably, participation in the Kirrmeister Memorial Shoot was less successful than we had hoped for. :shake:

The few letters which were sent have been collected and are still unopened. On February the fifth, Texan and Erzengel will open the letters and evaluate the included targets to see who is the winner of the Schuetzentarget.
:v

After the evaluation, every piece will be handed over to Mrs. Pregler in appropiate manner.

Due to our working schedules and regional separation, we regret that an earlier meeting is not possible. :surrender:

As soon as the winner is known, his or her name will be announced and the Schuetzentarget will be sent to the winner by surface mail.

If the winner resides within the United States, mail delivery may take some time. :idunno:

(The other way round took, on occasion, five weeks. Customs was responsible for the delays.)

Kind Regards

Erzengel
FROCS #56

I have received word from Germany that the Shutzen target is on it's way to Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell, who, by the way, turned in an excellent shot. :hatsoff:

The gentlemen in charge of scoring have asked me to beg forgiveness that there is no list of best shots. There were assorted different "targets" sent in and some participants fired actual salutes. There was no fair way to include everyone's "score".
Instead we offer our thanks to everyone who participated. :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
Everything sent in is on it's way to Dirks wife and family.

I'm really appreciative to recieve this Schutzen Target. This event had a closer meaning for myself. My son is a 17 year veteran LEO in the Pittsburgh, PA area. As the parent of an LEO, you always have that fear of THE phone call or THE visit bearing that fatal report of you loved ones passing. I could only imagine (on a closer personal understanding) how they must feel at their loss. And, I'd also like to thank all those who'd participate in this event of honor. THANKS TO ALL!

Back