• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A Final Salute for Kirrmeister

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Some of you know, some of you may not have heard yet, muzzleloadingforum member Kirrmeister, a police officer from Germany, has lost his life in the line of duty. He was struck by a vehicle during a routine traffic stop.
Dirk(Kirrmeister) was deeply involved in muzzleloading in Germany. He has left a wife and two children behind.

As a final tribute to a good man, we are hosting a memorial shoot in Kirrmeisters honor. One shot, one final salute, one worldwide cloud of blackpowder smoke rising toward Heaven in honor of our fallen member.

This "contest" is open to members and non-members alike. Anyone who would like to participate and show their final respects to Kirrmeister's family is welcome and encouraged to shoot. Please help spread the word to every muzzleloader you know, at your club, gun store, wherever BP shooters gather!

The rules are simple;

Muzzleloaders only.
No rests. Offhand only.
50 meters or 50 yards depending on where you live in the world and what your shooting range has available.
Iron sights.
One shot.
The target can be any paper target of your choice. Center of target will be determined by drawing an X from corner to corner across the paper. Shots will be measured from center of hole to center of target.

Everyone is encouraged to make the targets personal; write a short note on the target, attach a picture or a drawing by your child, include a condolence card, whatever each individual feels is the right and proper thing to do.
At the end of the contest ALL targets and everything included with them will be forwarded to Dirk's(Kirrmeister's) family as a token of the muzzleloading fraternitie's condolences.

One of our members has offered to make a traditional wooden schützenscheibe target as a prize to be given away to one shooter who will be picked in a random drawing from all those who participate. All we need is your name and address to be included with your target.

This memorial shoot will continue until New Years Day 2011.

In order to save overseas postage fees, targets from the US and Canada may be sent to;
Kirrmeister
c/o Jim Green
P.O. Box 22
Pekin, IL 61555-0022

Targets from the rest of the world may be sent to;
Kirrmeister Memorial Shoot
Postfach 5150

33075 Paderborn

- Germany-

How tragic, I had communicated personally with him on a number of occaisions. My son just returned to Germany from Afghanistan and was looking forward to going hunting with him.I will certainly add my salute to our fallen comrade.

smokin .50 said:
I'm IN! Nice job Jim! :thumbsup:

Dave

I can't take all of the credit for this.
romeoh got the ball rolling in the first place. Several more of our German members are also involved. Members Texaner, erengel, and Jolly Jumper.

Thanks to everyone who wishes to participate. :hatsoff:

:redface: Thanks Jim! :hatsoff:

Well, basically it´s just a thought I "delivered".

We are all members of big community.
The people that enjoy blackpowder smoke.
The internet and all that modern stuff brought us closer together - Kirrmeister was one of those who used the modern ways of communication a lot.
But if someone passes away sometimes we never know what happend. And if we know we don´t have any contact to the family like we would have in a small village for example.

This time we make it possible to show that we care and feel with the ones left behind. :thumbsup:

Just a small idea. And it´s up to YOU to fill it with life.
Make some smoke! :grin: And carry the idea further, to your shooting range, other shooting or hunting forums in your country - wherever you may live. And tell what this is all about.
In the end we hopefully get a respectful number of envelopes with stamps and addresses from all over the world.
And two kids and a widow will know: The blackpowder people around the world were thinking about Daddy who gave his life on duty. And they were thinking about us. :thumbsup:

For us its just a few grains of powder and the postage. For the kids it will be much more.

Jethro224 said:
Targets from the rest of the world may be sent to;
XXX XXXX
XXX XXXX
XXX XXXX
(We should have the German address within the week and I will post it as soon as we do.)

Hello,

I asked again for our mail when the mailbox is available. It will be available on November 10. Once I have the address I give it known. Before, it is not possible. Thank you for your understanding.

best wishes

Texaner

Any chance of starting a remeberance forum?
To honor our members that pass fromm this life and to remember their contributons to "keeping tradition alive".

Meanwhile some Austrian friends promised to spread the idea of the final salute for Kirrmeister among the Austrian shooters. :thumbsup:

As we got friends of blackpowder-smoke from almost everywhere on the planet here: I hope some more are going to follow. :thumbsup:

PA16th said:
Any chance of starting a remeberance forum?
To honor our members that pass fromm this life and to remember their contributons to "keeping tradition alive".

I support this motion to honor, becuase as long as we talk about them, they are with us.

Hello friends of black powder,

the post box is now achievable.

The Adress is:

Kirrmeister Memorial Shoot
Postfach 5150

33075 Paderborn

- Germany-

Please take your black powder guns and give Kirrmeister a final Salut.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes

Texaner

Thank you Texaner.
I edited the "Rules" up at the top to include the Germany address so it will be easy for everyone to find.
I hope many members find the time to take one shot in memory of Kirrmeister.

Round fired 11/12/2010 at Iosco Sportsman's Club Wurtsmith Range. Entry enroute.

Lyman .54 flintlock GPR
.535 rb, 0.018 dry lubed pillow ticking patch
70 gr ffg Goex
50 yards offhand standing

The firing line stood down and silently witnessed the round.

I cannot shoot as well as this round suggests. It had help beyond my skills.

:hatsoff:

As Jethro224 on suggestion by romeo has announced,
there is a "Schützenscheiben" target as give away among all particpants by random choice.

Jethro224, romeoh, Texan and I do not take part in the random choice.

May it serve as desired to remember the fallen comrad, Captain Dirk Pregler.

IMGP0368.jpg

Good hunting on heaven hills Dirk.

Thanks for making this target! :hatsoff:

Wish I had just a little of the skills needed to do it... :redface:

And I hope the guys here like it!? :thumbsup:

it makes so sad to know that Kirrmeister passes away.
my expression of sympathy has been send to his family.
The last salut for Kirrmeister will be shot in the first week on december

Dirk leaves behind a blank gap
we will never forget you and your effort to force up the Black Powder Shooting in Hobby and Hunting in Germany

Klaus

Back