Quantcast

A couple of new horns...

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I made the large one from scratch and the smaller one I purchased and modified. Comments are welcome...

Attachments

JackP

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Great job, I'm thinking about trying to make a Horn for myself. I really like the staple in the bases plug. I've noticed that some horns had staples in both ends.

Thanks for sharing
Jack

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Yes. The staple on the spout end was used to keep the strap in place.. not to hang the strap. Many make that mistake... I’ve not done one of those myself but am Wanting to try

JackP

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Yes. The staple on the spout end was used to keep the strap in place.. not to hang the strap. Many make that mistake... I’ve not done one of those myself but am Wanting to try
I appreciate that bit of information on the spout staple, I saw a photo of a horn that had the staple on what would the side as apposed to what would be the top while hanging and this explains why it wouldn't matter.

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Cool! That brass plug started as an acorn shaped strap holder, i clamped it my view and used a hacksaw to cut the acorn part off, I then sanded it and partially polished it, then drilled a hole with drill press through the plug. I decided on an irregular shaped ring, made of Baling wire, I roughed out the ring then heated it to harden. I thought about making it perfectly round, but in looking at it I’m glad I didn’t

Tobie

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I made the large one from scratch and the smaller one I purchased and modified. Comments are welcome...
WOW! I wish that you were my neighbor! Great work!

Latest posts