A couple of Kibler SMR's arrived today!

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

PathfinderNC

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Two wonderful Kibler kits arrived today, safely transported by the USPS. They arrived together- and a day early, too!
One is a .40 cal with a beautiful figured Cherry stock, and the other is a .45 with extra special Curly Maple. The small knots around the wrist area should add nice character.
I was so surprised at how light the swamped barrels are on these! The .40 was quite light and the .45 was even lighter. (As I handled the .40 I said to myself, 'Maybe this will be for me!")
I am sure the rifles will be very graceful and easy to shoot. I know they will be enjoyable to build!

Attachments

zerosprk

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
After admiring the photos of the Colonial and powder horn you put together not that long ago, I'm sure both of these SMRs will turn out beautifully. I'm sure I speak for lots of folks here when I say pictures, pictures, pictures please!

Hatchet-Jack

45 Cal.
Reaction score
So neither are for you? That ain't right keep one!

Looking forward to some pics of the finished guns.

PathfinderNC

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
After admiring the photos of the Colonial and powder horn you put together not that long ago, I'm sure both of these SMRs will turn out beautifully. I'm sure I speak for lots of folks here when I say pictures, pictures, pictures please!
Thank you zerosprk! I am really looking forward to these builds (I also have another Cherry Colonial kit on order). I will post pics as I go along. I am thinking of doing the Cherry SMR first. It will have some incise carving, a cheek piece inlay and a steel Rupp style patchbox - I think it will look neat :cool: