• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A cheap bore light (you may already own)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bldtrailer

Pilgrim
Reaction score
DSC02966.JPG
Here's a cheap;) bore light (you archers may already own) light up nocks green and clear might work best( just check diameter to make sure they will come back:mad: out)

I mentioned this in a thread somewhere else but I use these for both my ML and other "unmentionables"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SXLSLJ0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
Very small and just .123" in diameter. This one the light is much brighter than when it has the notch on it. It can light up the entire bore.
Just drop it down the muzzle light facing out. I have a zipper pocket in my wallet where I keep one cause you never know what your going to run accross for an opportunity buy.

Not my idea. A guy at a gun show loaned me his when I was inspecting a Springfield 1863.

I got a lighted arrow nock yesterday and used it to inspect my '58 Enfield, Whitworth, Harper's Ferry pistol and shotgun bore of the LeMat.

I must admit that when I looked down the barrel of the Whitworth, it was a hypnotically ethereal experience, never to be forgotten. It was my first time.

I would describe it for all of you but I'm afraid it would be a little too sensual for polite reading:)

been using a lighted nock for years they work great as does a Thill lighted bobber light.

Thanks for this thread! After reading it, I bought a three-pack from Howard or whoever the crossbow people are. Amazon delivered it today, Sunday, in about two or three days. After figuring them out, the one I used worked perfectly in my .32. Still not sure how to turn them off, although I seemed to do it. My rifle was clean, btw.

I got a lighted arrow nock yesterday and used it to inspect my '58 Enfield, Whitworth, Harper's Ferry pistol and shotgun bore of the LeMat.

I must admit that when I looked down the barrel of the Whitworth, it was a hypnotically ethereal experience, never to be forgotten. It was my first time.

I would describe it for all of you but I'm afraid it would be a little too sensual for polite reading:)

If a Whitworth bore turns you on what will this one do for you?
IMG_0172 - CopyERS - Copy.jpg
IMG_0174 - CopyERS.JPG

I have a mini led that will drop into the bore but for a really close inspection, I bought a mini USB camera borescope. They're pretty cheap on Amazon, like $18 shipped and work with most smart phones. Good part is you can take still or moving pix of your bore as the camera goes in.

Here's the view through the scope of the breech area of my 1858 Smith

2017-05-10-09-39-49.jpg

The breech area of my 1862 Colt Contract.
2017-05-10-09-28-02.jpg

If a Whitworth bore turns you on what will this one do for you?
View attachment 5658 View attachment 5659

I was a Forward Observer for Field Artillery. My Father was an Artilleryman in Europe during WWII. A great-grandfather was an Infantryman during the Civil War. He was discharged in 1863 for disability but later re-enlisted as an artilleryman.

You don't know what that photo does for me. Does that cannon belong to you?

If so, can I be your friend?

I was a Forward Observer for Field Artillery. My Father was an Artilleryman in Europe during WWII. A great-grandfather was an Infantryman during the Civil War. He was discharged in 1863 for disability but later re-enlisted as an artilleryman.

You don't know what that photo does for me. Does that cannon belong to you?

If so, can I be your friend?
Dude, you are a crack up. Howdah and all.

Dude, you are a crack up. Howdah and all.

I had several opportunities to shoot a ten-pound Parrot rifle at Ft. Sill. We could hit a tank or APC at 3,000 yards easily with that thing. That was the most fun that you could have with your clothes on.

Looking at the Whitworth cannon is like the first time a I saw a woman... well you know what I mean.

I read somewhere that the Whitworth artillery projectiles would scream like a German 88 because of the sharp angles.

When the weather gets warmer, I'm going to position a camcorder about 300 yards down range to learn what the bullets out of my Whitworth rifle sound like.

Latest posts

Back