• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

A cannon article in local paper y'all might be interested in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunnyGene

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Local guy is putting together a cannon for the Starkville museum. Thought you have some interest in this. With your connections, maybe you could spread it around or something. :)

Excerpt:

https://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=85778
An addition to the Starkville Civil War Arsenal building sits virtually empty, with only construction materials scattered throughout the space that is scheduled to be finished this week.

Duffy Neubauer, the arsenal's owner and curator, already has the large new room filled in his mind.

He's acquired four fiberglass mannequin horses he plans to hook to a limber wagon carrying a cannon. Neubauer has five of the latter to choose from -- three American Civil War-era cannons most likely used in battle and true-to-specs replicas of two others -- sitting idle in other parts of his four-room arsenal.

The new exhibit, he believes, will "really give you the feel of what these carriages are all about."

"Without the horses to pull them," Neubauer added, pointing toward the cannons and carriages in an adjacent room, "all this stuff would be nothing but yard ornaments."

But to make Neubauer's developing addition complete to his liking, there's something specific he wants that he doesn't have -- at least not yet.

"I would love to hook it to a Howitzer," said Neubauer, 67, a retired facilities manager at Humphrey Coliseum on the Mississippi State University campus. "I know it's a long shot."

Back