• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD A Brass Grip Frame For A Ruger Old Army Revolver (Ohio)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Good Morning Folks:

This brass grip frame came on an older Ruger Old Army revolver I purchased.

When Ruger made brass grip frames, they came with square-back trigger guards.

So, this is most likely an after-market item. I know Qualite made a popular brass grip frame, so this might be one of theirs.

Either way, this is a well-made & solid grip frame.

This grip frame will fit any old-style Ruger single action revolver that came with an XR3-RED grip frame. It has a spring & plunger trigger return spring, not the wire trigger return spring of the current models.

**One thing to note is that the factory grip panel is a bit too small for this grip frame -- it was designed for one slightly bigger.**

It was "lightened" by the previous owner, who drilled holes thru the brass in non-critical spots.

I replaced it with an older aluminum grip frame, because I am more comfortable with a lighter revolver.

According to Bill Hamm, in his article "Ruger Single Action Grip Frames, 1953 to Present", the XR3-RED grip frame was used on the Single-Six, Super Single-Six, Vaquero, BlackHawk, and Old Army revolvers.
You can view his article on Gunblast.

$150 Shipped Priority Mail, insured

Send me an email if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking.

rugerBrass_1.jpg
rugerBrass_2.jpg
rugerBrass_3.jpg
rugerBrass_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back