• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A blast from the Nordic region

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arilar

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I am one of those foreigners. Living in the remote forestarea of Dalecarlia, Sweden. Very scare to find companions out here. Recently discovered internetworld and this sight. Found BP and slowly left modern handgun-targetshooting about 23 years ago. Now mainly occupied in BP rifle-shooting. Handle all from matchlock to percussion and prefer original weapons. Have been into reenactment, when living in Stockholm (capital of Sweden), with a Swedish infantrygroup 1845-style, lots of fun. No BP-hunting allowed in Sweden,the moose has to go done with my 30-06 Sauer 80 fullstocked (my favourite).
My latest project is to try to get an original Zouave flying. Picked up the nice piece some weeks ago in Batesville, Indiana.
Best regards to all of you,
ARILAR

Heilsa, and welcome. I have a great fondness for your area as I have traced my roots back to Northern Europe.

I think you'll enjoy it here, they're the same kinda hearty self-reliant folk that the Norsemen were.

Welcome, if you want to hunt with BP, just take a little trip over the border to Norway. You can hunt small game here. If your rifle/load can meet the requirements for big game, that shouldn't be a problem either (hollow point bullets only). If you meet the requirements for hunting in Sweden, I think you can hunt here too.
Link to laws and regulations concerning hunting in Norway.

BTW, do you know Magnus Wiberg?

Thanks for making me feel welcome.
BP hunting in Norway? Sounds great. When the wildbunch ( my two kids) has grown older I seems to go west. If I know Magnus Wiberg? Sure do. Thats the guy who made my 1620 Swedish matchlockmusket 8 years back. Check it out on www.musketandrifle.nu. I regard Magnus a true friend since that time.We keep in regular contact. Ehhh.....why am I telling you this? Now you all will occupie him with work. Who is now going to handle my stuff?Forget everything I have told you. I will be back later.
ARILAR

Forget everything I have told you. I will be back later.
Not to worry, my friend. Most of us can't remember our own names after several glasses of fine ale! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup:
Ahhh, Sweden. Home of the Clavia 'Nord' synthesizers! :master: :master: :master: :RO: :thumbsup:

Arilar:

Hiya! Nice to see another Matchlocker! :RO:

Be sure to stop by the Pre-Flintlock Forum!

If I know Magnus Wiberg? Sure do. Thats the guy who made my 1620 Swedish matchlockmusket 8 years back. Check it out on www.musketandrifle.nu. I regard Magnus a true friend since that time.We keep in regular contact. Ehhh.....why am I telling you this? Now you all will occupie him with work. Who is now going to handle my stuff?Forget everything I have told you. I will be back later.

I have seen some of Mr. Wiberg's work a few years back and have noted the fine workmanship. :D

I've been afraid to ask him if he would mate the Baltic Snaplock mechanism to the musket similar to the Snaplocks of Gustaf II Adolf's artillery guards. The reason I am afraid is that if he says "Yes I can!", then I will end up making an order for another gun when I shouldn't be doing that. :nono: :cry:

Well Teleoceras.....
If you stop by at Magnus shop outside Stockholm you will be amazed. He also works according to the old traditions. He is a true artist.(goes in the family, hes father Harald Wiberg((check his works out!!)) were a very famous swedish wildlife-painter). Last winter he beautifully restored my original Japanese matchlock, so if you want a replika of it he sure will do it. He so fell in love with Japanese matchlocks that he this spring restored a very rare Japanese original matchlockpistol that was much appreciated in World Champ, Batesville, USA where the pistol participated.(Not in my hands though). If he can deal with snaplocks in every way? He loves the snaplock!!! He is just one of those great guys. Ehh...... why am I telling you all this..... You will probably all cover him with work...Who is then going to deal with my stuff.....
Have to switch to pre-flintlock forum next time it seems.
ARILAR

Arilar:

If you stop by at Magnus shop outside Stockholm you will be amazed. He also works according to the old traditions. He is a true artist.(goes in the family, hes father Harald Wiberg((check his works out!!)) were a very famous swedish wildlife-painter)............ If he can deal with snaplocks in every way? He loves the snaplock!!! He is just one of those great guys. Ehh...... why am I telling you all this..... You will probably all cover him with work...Who is then going to deal with my stuff.....
Have to switch to pre-flintlock forum next time it seems.

God help me for asking this but how much do his arms cost?

::

God help me for asking this but how much do his arms cost? ::

I did ask and it's very reasonable, as soon as I have some spare cash I'm going to get one.
Those snap locks of his sure are pretty ::

"considering other guns I built several of , and the hours at the workbench that I kept an account of , I guestimate that a COMPLETE flint snaphaunce rifle would be around SW.Kr 27-28.000"

Robin:

God help me for asking this but how much do his arms cost? ::

I did ask and it's very reasonable, as soon as I have some spare cash I'm going to get one.
Those snap locks of his sure are pretty ::

"considering other guns I built several of , and the hours at the workbench that I kept an account of , I guestimate that a COMPLETE flint snaphaunce rifle would be around SW.Kr 27-28.000"

Thanks for the heads up. 27,000 SEK = 3,610.45 USD.

Due to the Dollar tanking this past year, the above price is currently above my budget allowance. WHEW! I can avoid the temptation now! :relax:

I can understand your excitement. Royal Army in Stockholm was the first to order two 1620 Swedish Matchlock and I couldnt resist getting myself one at the same time. Down to the smallest detail everything looks perfectly genuin. If anyone is interested in a replica of a Jukkasj

arilar,
welcome to the forum. having people from around the
world joining us is what really adds interest to the forum.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :) :peace: :thumbsup:

:DThanks to you all!! You are all characters but of different kinds :master:. I am slowly getting to know you. :huh:Already addicted to the forum and I think I have a need to be jumping in at various locations :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back