• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A 12 to shoot has a 10

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltwad

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Enclosed are a couple of images of an unusual 12 bore double barrelled. percussion gun that I would say was purpose built for inland fowling to kill at the range of 10 bore. Has most 12 bore sxs percussion guns were built with 29 or 30 inch sporting barrels this gun was built with 36 inch barrels .The maker was a provincial maker Joseph Richardson from Darlington Uk and mostly likely for one of the local estates for duck shooting on their. ponds and marshes . The barrels are Damascus and with the length of 36 inch do make them slightly muzzle heavy which would be ok for duck shooting but not for game shooting. The stock is plain English walnut more suited for a fowling gun and the locks are crisp and work ok ,the bores are clean with no pitting which makes me think that it has done very little work for its age. Shooting a standard 12 bore load of 2.3/4 drms of FFFg to 1.1/8 oz of shot it will kill at the same range has a standard load of a 10.
Feltwad
100_2857.JPG
100_2858.JPG

Latest posts

Back