• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

8 Point Buck European Mount

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally finished the European mount of the eight point buck I shot on November 21, 2013. I found a scrap piece of red oak in my lumber pile, shaped into a plaque and mounted the head to it. This was my first try at the European mount and I learned some lessons on the way.

Thanks, I appreciate the comments. As I told the story of this deer hunt in an earlier post. I was not aware of the size or quality of the antlers before I squeezed off the shot. No trail camera, no feeder, no tree stand. Just hunting like our ancestors, makes it something special to look at on the wall and remember that I have been blessed.

Did you use peroxide to get it white? Love to hear any hints, I have an elk skull sitting in salt that I want to do the same thing with. Wife says she needs more sock drying space :yakyak:

I tried bleach in the past with other skulls but they ended up going yellow.

Google "European Deer Mount" I found several helpful videos and used them to guide me through the process. I used the 40 parts peroxide from Sally's and BW whitener by Clairol. I took my time and worked on it until I got the look and finish I wanted. I did not seal the skull, some say it will yellow, I don't know. I may let it sit in the sun later this summer if I think it needs a little more "bleach"

Great looking mount - especially with those chocolate covered antlers! I'm working on a 8 pt mount as well. I'll posted some pics when I'm done.

Back