• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.72 Caliber Jeager with vids.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will, I finally made it to the range to test this beast out. It really wasn't that bad up to 125 grs 2F. When I went to 150 it got a little uncomfortable off the bench.
Standing off hand it has fine. First, vid is 100 grs off the bench, the second is 150 offhand in slow-mo.

Last edited:
Yes, Kiblers locks are top end. I keep telling myself no more rifles with so-so locks, but lets just say that I can’t say no to much.

Quite a difference in recoil it appears. Nice shooting form too, through that delay and all.
I did notice I raised my slightly just as the shot went off but thank you for the compliment I strive to be a good shooter. That rifle weighs in at 12 lbs and gets a little heavy for an old guy.. :)

looks like a keeper :thumb:
That was the first time I'd fired it I haven't had it that long. I didn't like the sights that were on it so I replace both front and back.
Today was just the beginning of getting it ready for hunting.
It shot a decent group but it was about 10 inches low and 4 to the left. I bought it from a member here, he sent me 15 .710 balls and a NEI mold I'll have to cast some more before I start sighting it in.
The offer to use my range still stands the videos are just a part of it.

Your bench technique is less than ideal for a heavy recoiling gun. The shooter should be more upright, so as to move with the recoil and the forend should be gripped to help control the muzzle. This is a big game rifle, and not a BB gun.

In the "bench" shot, ignition seems pretty fast. I don't see any evidence of hang or delay at all. In the slo-mo offhand shot, I see head movement coordinated with pulling the trigger <FLINCH>. Concentrate on the sights and follow through!

Your bench technique is less than ideal for a heavy recoiling gun. The shooter should be more upright, so as to move with the recoil and the forend should be gripped to help control the muzzle. This is a big game rifle, and not a BB gun.

In the "bench" shot, ignition seems pretty fast. I don't see any evidence of hang or delay at all. In the slo-mo offhand shot, I see head movement coordinated with pulling the trigger <FLINCH>. Concentrate on the sights and follow through!
Yes, the portable bench isn't ideal for that, my range has a covered bench at 100 yards but I wanted to be at 25 for the first shots.
Correct on the head movement but I can assure you it wasn't a flinch it was a peak. I raised my head to see where the ball hit which is just as bad as a flinch.

andy52,

If you are able to kneel at your shooting bench, it will keep you back straight and let you rock with the recoil.

Also, a bag of shot, kitty litter, or a pc of foam board is your friend at the shooting bench.

Great Rifle!

I just bought a 72 cal Pedersoli double barrel rifle - probably a Kodiak. Haven't shot it yet, but can't find any round balls or molds for it. I've checked online at most places and haven't found anything in stock. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Back