• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

7 hours!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I been hunting rabbit for 7 hours!
I don't know where they are. Plenty of sign but they were keeping down.
There seems to be many buzzards about this place so maybe they are waiting for dark.
I ended up waiting for dark myself but whilst waiting a squirrel turned up and started to mock, big mistake!
IMG_20220918_161430.jpg

So as darkness approached I stalked a likely spot down the side of a tree line.
Finally I see in the distance two rabbits.

With the wind on my covered face I managed to get just under 30yds and leveled up on a barely distinguishable silhouette and lit the pan up and a corresponding whooshboom emitted while I did my best to follow through.

The smoke cleared quick and I see a flash of rabbit belly white and dash over to collect my prize.
At last.
Its been a long hunt today.
IMG_20220918_200511.jpg

I love September and October. The skeins of geese were flighting back and forth. Feeding on stubbles a few miles away and returning to the waters to roost on. A magical sound.
Anyway, I had a little fright on my way back in the dark. Fortunately it was only you!

Come on across the pond Brit I am sitting here now looking out tht the window at four rabbits in the yard as I type, the Lab just looks at them he will not chase them. I will not start to hunt rabbits until at least January. Good hunt and a trooper of a excersise sticking in there.

Nice work!
I confess I'd never spend 7 hours looking for rabbits. My knees wouldn't handle it now anyway.
So that would be 50gn of 4f ? What was the previous charge?

If Twining's is good enough for the Queen, it's good enough for me.
I bet if the Queen had had the opportunity to stick her spoon in some Luzianne Tea or Coffee (with chicory) it would have made her smile. I've been drinking Luzianne coffee and tea since I was old enough to crawl. Could be a Southern thing.

Luzianne Tea or Coffee (with chicory) it would have made her smile. I've been drinking Luzianne coffee and tea since I was old enough to crawl. Could be a Southern thing.
C'est bon, especially with a plate full of beignets!
But I doubt if Luzianne is available in London. Oh, yeah, amazon...
I grew up in the NE US, and Mom always gave me a cup of tea before school, with milk and 2 teaspoons of sugar.
Then, I got in trouble for talking in class!
I still have the morning tea with milk and sugar, but it's decaf.
Then, after breakfast, I take a nap.
:ghostly:

Nice work!
I confess I'd never spend 7 hours looking for rabbits. My knees wouldn't handle it now anyway.
So that would be 50gn of 4f ? What was the previous charge?
My knees are still hurting!
I'm using a bottle of medium just now. I think it checks out around 3f.
I don't think I have any of the fine stuff left. I used that up first.
I was dropping around 70gn previously.

Back