• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

7 hours!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Britsmoothy, do you have rabbits like this in your area? 1st time I seen one like this in my area. It’s no cottontail rabbit or hare. Somebody’s pet fancy rabbit got loose. It came over to me and let me pet it.

Attachments

• FED4266A-77FC-4104-872F-651FBE85DF8E.jpeg
    FED4266A-77FC-4104-872F-651FBE85DF8E.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 140C877E-E7CB-49D8-9B57-440CBF2713BA.jpeg
    140C877E-E7CB-49D8-9B57-440CBF2713BA.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
I have had pet ones released or escaped.
Their genes keep popping up now and then.
Ginger, black and grey ones.

One place I use to get huge rabbits from with a patch of grey on them. One day I shot daddy buck in a rush in cover. It was a huge grey buck rabbit with one back leg previously broken and healed bone sticking out!

We used to have quite a lot of Black rabbit around Middleton in N.Warwickshire but haven't seen one round here in NW Leics. but we do seem to be short of Shushy's any way. (Old Roma Name for Bunny's).. We do always seem to have a resident Brown Hare in the local wood. Always in the same small area and Lord help the person who dares shoot it. We do have a lot of Muntjac. They are good eating..The local large estate used to have 2 or 3 keepers permanently controlling Bunny's. On Late Season drives the bag was often recorded in the Game Book as 2000 plus to 12 or 14 guns in the late 1800's.. O.D.

We used to have quite a lot of Black rabbit around Middleton in N.Warwickshire but haven't seen one round here in NW Leics. but we do seem to be short of Shushy's any way. (Old Roma Name for Bunny's).. We do always seem to have a resident Brown Hare in the local wood. Always in the same small area and Lord help the person who dares shoot it. We do have a lot of Muntjac. They are good eating..The local large estate used to have 2 or 3 keepers permanently controlling Bunny's. On Late Season drives the bag was often recorded in the Game Book as 2000 plus to 12 or 14 guns in the late 1800's.. O.D.
Send some munties this way....we have a few but I think they should be on my patch by the time I'm 90 🤦

Those are the little deer with fangs, do they make a barking type noise. Neat little animal. You ever shoot one.
Yes they do bark.
I've never shot one but been close to one doe once. She came walking to me to within a few yards. Not seen them since.
They are all around me but I recently lost a fair amount of ground I could hunt over.

Back