• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.69 Underhammer is getting closer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS

50 Cal.
Reaction score
IMG_0449w.jpg

I have been working on this for a while.

I made the brass receiver out of round bar stock.

Just breech pugged it and tapped the nipple.

Reshaped the stock trigger spring.

Barrel is a Gun Works .69 cal with a very slow twist, 29"s long.

This is a full power hunting gun, not a target shooter.

Now to find a piece of wood for the stock and decide on what butt plate.

2.3/8"-2.1/2" of drop at the heel.

My .72 has an Early Wide that worked well, probably will use the same.

I am a big fan of the Underhammer for hunting. I finally stopped rock scratching and built 2 from Numrich in the 70s. One a .45 and the other a .58 using a H & H barrel with progressive rifling for minis. Many a white tail dropped quick with the 58. Beautiful work BS

I am a big fan of the Underhammer for hunting. I finally stopped rock scratching and built 2 from Numrich in the 70s. One a .45 and the other a .58 using a H & H barrel with progressive rifling for minis. Many a white tail dropped quick with the 58. Beautiful work BS

I am working on a 58 cal as we speak. It is a side hammer, Charleton style.

I have been working on this for a while.

I made the brass receiver out of round bar stock.

Just breech pugged it and tapped the nipple.

Reshaped the stock trigger spring.

Barrel is a Gun Works .69 cal with a very slow twist, 29"s long.

This is a full power hunting gun, not a target shooter.

Now to find a piece of wood for the stock and decide on what butt plate....

Very nice indeed!!:thumb: I am currently making a copy (trying to (LOL) of a RJ Renner underhammer.
I purchased some black walnut from Goby. You might want to check them out.
We do expect final photos of a finish product and a kill, or target performance.
Gunstocks | Goby Walnut

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry, what are you using for a hammer and trigger?

The 11/16, .6875 ball nose end mill arrived today, now to cut a mold. [brass]

Should cut a .688-.689 diameter, -.003 for shrinkage. The ball should end up about .685-.686".

The bore id .690", .012 deep.

I don't think I seen the longer one. I saved a picture of your brass one to show Kip... Just wondering as to where you get the trigger guard/ hammer spring mine is made out of a keyhole saw blade.

I talked to them 2 years ago when they was setup at the Kalamazoo Living History show, they don't sell just the under hammer parts they did give me the info on where they get the kits at. I may have to do a search on under hammers and see if there is other sources... Thanks,

Latest posts

Back